Reviews for Thirteen and Pregnant
Your Different October chapter 1 . 2/17/2006
It's okay...

To be honest, I didn't read all of it, but more like skimmed over it. Not your best, but, I'm sure, not your worst.

I think you'd need to be a scholar to write about this particular subject, and give it any sort of distinct voice.

Plus, there was no actual virgin birth. The word that was used in the original Hebrew text was "almah", meaning 'young woman'. Scholars the world over agree, it's clear by the context of the original Hebrew text that it is a young woman that is being spoken of. It was a mistranslation that carried on throughout the numerous translations of the Bible, and incidentally became the it's most famous story.

I know a virgin birth seems a lot more spectacular, but Mary just... got married, did what married people do, and nine months later- Jesus! Plus, there's also the fact that Jesus had brothers and sisters, and we're never told how old any of them were. He may well have been the youngest. Just thought you should know.

/longest review EVER. _;;
Robyn-Clare chapter 1 . 10/18/2005
i may not be a christian & agree with all the religious stuff that others believe. but i sure as hell don't agree with truewriter101's review "It does not make sense. A young girl giving birth to the son of God. ? I agree with Paramour-ing, get a life""it does not make sense". that review makes even less sense. how old did s/he think mary was? idiot!u're a good writer, writerforever. like i said, not religious here, but i can still appreciate a good writer even if we dont share the same beliefs
NaiRomajin chapter 1 . 10/8/2005
It is nice, but I would like longer sentences, more detail. I liked the imagery when her veil fell. :)

And no, you don't need to get a life, you already have one. XD
xXCrAzY-BaNaNaSxX chapter 1 . 10/2/2005
Paramour-ing chapter 1 . 10/1/2005
You do realize that Mary and Joseph are Jews right? Your talking like a twenty first century Christian in a world that ended thousands of years ago. This whole thing sounded like a kindergartner wrote this in sunday a life.
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 10/1/2005
Interesting; I invision it somehow different though, but that's me. Keep up the good work.

Much love,Juliet.