Reviews for The Lark Ascending, working title
hey maria chapter 8 . 12/24/2005
They are so unnaturally beautiful in this. I love it.
hey maria chapter 7 . 12/24/2005
The way Ishah is so detached from the reader, the way you can never fully grasp what's going on beneath the surface - it makes her so much more real. I don't know how to explain it. You're very good at giving depth to your characters.
hey maria chapter 6 . 12/24/2005
I like the introduction to this. It's true - you can never know why anyone commits suicide, no matter what the note says, what their parents think, what anyone tells you. You can never know. Another great chapter; good job.
hey maria chapter 5 . 12/24/2005
...Wow. Just the sheer detailedness of this - waiting for her execution was so excruciatingly slow but I didn't want it to happen - and then the quick shouts of "don't shoot!" took me by surprise. Great chapter.
hey maria chapter 4 . 12/24/2005
I love this chapter, the sickening details of his intestines, the beauty of the flowers and the music. It's lovely.
belinda-b chapter 3 . 10/28/2005
Beautiful. And it's not as dense as the previous parts, it feels much more relaxed.

If I do have any complaint, it's that you're going to make me wait for the next part!

This is lovely.
hey maria chapter 3 . 10/23/2005
"Shoulders back, chin up, neck like a swan, elegant in her starvation." Adored that line.

You're great at creating tension. And your descriptions are so vivid, so fresh. Great job.
Aranel Abeille chapter 1 . 10/22/2005
your title is unique. I really love "the lark ascending"... it's a beautiful piece of music. you write beautifully, too. : )
Aranel Abeille chapter 3 . 10/22/2005
I LOVE your writing style. good story-please post more soon!
hey maria chapter 2 . 10/7/2005
Very amazing. I love it. I'd give a longer review but I'm a little lazy.
belinda-b chapter 2 . 10/5/2005
Cool. And I liked the Catholic elements in it. Waiting for the next parts! :)
exquisite chapter 2 . 10/5/2005
This is beautiful and amazing. It is slightly reminescent of Jaqueline Carey. Anyways please update very soon.
cdr1687 chapter 2 . 10/5/2005
This was also good, keep up the good work!
cdr1687 chapter 1 . 10/5/2005
Interesting, can't wait to read more.
hey maria chapter 1 . 10/1/2005
Oh, my Lord. I was hooked from the first bit about the toilets because that's a very interesting way to start a story. I'm not very good at critiquing stories, but I did think this was very good. You have this very detailed, matter-of-fact style of writing and I love it. And the last bit about Headam? That scared me a bit. Futuristic stories always tend to scare me, but that was really freaky. I love this story, wonderful job.