Reviews for hip college gurl
tofujunky chapter 1 . 4/27/2006
Hey there, hi there, ho there.

" . . . one hand holding a cigarette, the other a can of beer. you're not even twenty. this is life. high school's over, you're in charge now."

Which Bush twin are you referring to?

"getting drunk, getting laid, you call those freedom."

Actually, they call it 'college'.

"cussing emphasizes your points."

Oh, c'mon now. One can say "Go fuck yourself" and still be articulate.

"you encourage and celebrate homosexuality"

Unlike righteous college boi (2.0), who promotes and advocates homophobia.

"feminists and abortions are your friends."

Her body and her freedom of choice are righteous college boi's foes?

"the moslems you try to understand. everyone has a right as a human. tolerance and respect are the key. yet you scoff at and mock christianity. the church-goers you like are the ones who shush. their beliefs need to stay within."

So she's a hypocrite. Just like everyone else. Good point.

"people have always been dying of starvation and deadly diseases, but you notice catastrophes only when they're on tv."

She must be an American.

"so the terrorists attack on tuesday, the flag gets lowered halfway, and you're back partying on friday."

So how many days should she have waited to go back to her partying?

"everything in the world is wrong. you criticize, you blame, you protest, you're done."

Wow, she really isn't that different from righteous college boi (2.0) after all.

You are so cool!
Cedric Quilfeather chapter 1 . 3/31/2006
I find it hard to mount substantial reviews for you, and in this case, that's something of a compliment. A lot of simple, effective statements here. Quite perceptive, too.
Sapphire Spectrum chapter 1 . 2/17/2006
I really liked that, and I don't know why. The last line was brilliant, it's so true. I know a girl who's just like this. In some ways, I think most people are like this... hn. I hope not. Great, anyway!
hey maria chapter 1 . 11/13/2005
Again, a wonderful piece of prose-poetry. I get so tired hearing people claiming to be so open-minded and tolerant but then they go around saying that anyone with a different opinion has got it all wrong.

I love how your writing is so detailed. It makes everything more real.
crackpot chapter 1 . 10/2/2005
nice commentary. I couldn't tell if I should be insulted at points because I swear incessantly when talking in real life. ". even if your mind has been as made up as theirs since the start." confused me. the start of what? This kinda reminded me of a girl who told every one (when running for student gov't) that she was very opinionated. Gotta love rich, "politically aware" people.
like a lover chapter 1 . 10/2/2005
oh my god, this was so great. why is your name 'idontknowanythingaboutpoetry'? this was hip. & honest. way to speak up.