Reviews for Eyes of a Child
E.A.Saraby chapter 1 . 12/29/2005
I love the idea of lost innocence portrayed here. Absolutely love the second stanza - the arms turning to chains strikes a particular chord with me. Have to admit that if I have to research another relatively obscure poem to 'get' something in a current poem, the meaning of your thought is sort of... diminished... for me. In my opinion, an original work should stand alone and touch the soul independent of another piece. But again, the idea is conveyed in the first three stanzas. The entire second really is the poem to me.
MCThespian410 chapter 1 . 12/3/2005
Interesting. Didn't completely understand the first and last stanzas, but I absolutly loved the middle two.
Learah Kaelar chapter 1 . 11/21/2005
Wait...wait, I think I get it! Yaho! Very profound, like, amazingly so. I really love this poem, you write beautifully! The 99 brothers and sisters part is still a wee bit confusing, but that's okay...I'm just a wee bit stupid! Hehehe...

Blessed be!
Artemis1860 chapter 1 . 10/12/2005
i love it. amazing, as your work usually is.
J. N. Laerasyn chapter 1 . 10/3/2005
It's really ok with me if no one gets it. I didnt expect many people to. :-) If the statement about the dead bird is what's confusing you all, look up a 19th century Romantic era poet named Samuel Taylor Coleridge and read his "Rime of the Ancient Mariner." Then you'll get it.
poetic abortion chapter 1 . 10/2/2005
I am a bit confused and yet not. the poem is written well but there is this one stanza that leaves me drawing a blank. *reread* it's good, though.

~* noelle