Reviews for Funeral Dress
ossining chapter 1 . 6/27/2006
This poem totally gives me shivers. Your summary...omg, that is what makes this poem what it is. And I also love "sleek velvet, black dust." Such a gorgeous image. Wonderful word choice. Keep writing! :)
toxic-noodle725 chapter 1 . 1/14/2006
wow that must have been a shocker to you. im sorry 4 ur loss. i loved the poem.
Plato's Socialist Democracy chapter 1 . 10/18/2005
This is a wonderful poem and sees both in detail and in perspective. I would however, try and include part of your summary into the poem as it makes a very powerful you for the review by the way and I will revise my haiku as i am new to them and did not realize how much each word really means. Thank youYou poem was excellent and conveys emotions that strike brilliantly with all the cliched poems about dresses and such out there.

2 Snaps (my rating scale) out of 3

PSD
emmathree chapter 1 . 10/18/2005
Wow. Simply wow. For some strange reason I was skeptical when I first clicked on this poem but.. wow. You capture so much emotion without ever addressing emotion at all. The last two lines... amazing. Just.. wow.
Sarah-Brighteyes chapter 1 . 10/15/2005
Wow.

I think the whole thing that impacted me in this piece was the description I read before diving into the poem itself. "She died 30 minutes after you wrote it." Creepy forshadowing almost.

I found the poem itself gothically dark and enchanting... the whole thought of a funeral dress being almost compared to a sexy romantical almost masquerade ball dress, was dark and yet I think it was unique.

I found the couplet at the end very nice. It showed not a greedy state or an overly self-consumed state, but one of thoughtfulness almost. An excuse to know that it was okay to feel beautiful. Accepting.

Hm good piece. Write on!
Elizabeth Ebony chapter 1 . 10/15/2005
Oh...god,this is totally amazing."a dress I've romanticized in hundreds of daydreams" I can't begin to describe how much I love that whole thing is constructed perfectly and has a total beauty.I also specially adore the last two lines...they are dark but gorgeous.I haven't read poetry as brilliant as this for ages-this is going on my favourites ,I can ramble for England-I'll shut up now,lol.:)
eighteen hundred chapter 1 . 10/9/2005
I liked this a lot. Good imagery but strong, relateable (I believe that's a word?) feeling too. Nice piece.
citrus scented chapter 1 . 10/9/2005
this is rich and moving. beautifully put together, i love:"sleek velvet, black dust" thats just magical. and:"kissing from collar bone to ankles " elegant and slightly ironic at the end.
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 10/4/2005
Fascinating; I can tell that this is rooted in a deeply personal way yet you leave the reader to find their own path of cercomstances in it. Its fascinating it really is; I've given so many doorways to explanation I can't quit pick one to go throw. I really enjoyed it though; deeply wonderdful, amazing, I'm still working through the wonderment.

Juliet.