Reviews for Purify
Keeper of the Bells chapter 1 . 11/16/2005
Ah, very poetic. Simply lovely. I might have gone on a bit longer, but I like it this way to.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 10/16/2005
awesome concept... I love how you contrast & compare them.. great job
CatchingInTheRye chapter 1 . 10/8/2005
Ah, finally a poem with some aesthetic appeal!

While the raindrop concept may not extend to the theme of the second and third stanzas, the fact is, similar shape of all the stanzas to them adds greatly to the consistency and flow of the poem. Each stanza begins, opens up, and closes in a very visually appealing way.

But the words are just as important, of course, and I enjoyed those as well.

Interesting and unique concept...I'll admit I had never thought of fire as a purifying device, that's for sure. It's also interesting to note how both can purify yet they're both polar opposites of each other...almost as though certain people would be inclined to choose one or the other if they decided to use them...

Dunno. Just a thought there.

But if I may make one suggestion...if you ever attempt something similar in the future, maybe you can steal from the whole concept of haiku and have the lines of each stanza match up in terms of syllables to further the parallels between the stanzas.

But that's a suggestion, not a criticism...restricting yourself like that can sometimes hinder creativity...

Anyway, it was a very refreshing read. Well done.
poetic abortion chapter 1 . 10/5/2005
love it. just so gorgeous.

* noelle
Devidedistand chapter 1 . 10/5/2005
Wow this is simple and fun to read. Quite enjoyable.