Reviews for I Want A NonAlcoholic Bar
Ann chapter 1 . 6/21/2006
I totally agree with you that a non-alcoholic bar sounds great. I have been having the same idea as of late, but for a completely different reason. I have just become a member of AA, first because I realize that I have a drinking problem, and I want to stop. Second, because my drinking problem landed me up with some local police for a DWI. I do not want to drink alcohol to have a fun time. It would be great if this place that you dream about existed.
banjkazfan chapter 1 . 5/31/2006
Now that's interesting.

I hope you can tell who I am by my name, but if you can't, why don't you just ask Banjkazfan? ;)

Anyways, back to my review.

This is interesting-if there was a non-alcoholic (I can't spell, Ryan, so bear with me here) bar around where I lived, I'm guessing that when I got older, I wouldn't have to be as afraid of drunks.

I thought that this was funny: "Of course, the people in these gangs would most likely be drunk, so it’d be pretty easy to run from them, but that’s not my point."

XD made me laugh...

I was looking for a way to post poems and stuff like that, so I now I have one. Thanks for pointin' this out to me!

BKF...er, now I'm K-YW ;)
James Jago chapter 1 . 10/8/2005
There are in fact a few temperance bars left out there, but what I think you really need to do is find somewhere that takes peace and good order on the premises seriously. I'm not immune to a little boisterousness myself after a few beers (hazy recollections of singing Weird Al Yankovic songs after an especially heavy evening in Berlin a few years back spring to mind), but fistfights and projectile vomiting do NOT make for a pleasant evening's drinking. Just find somewhere with a clientele who don't get hammered for the sake of getting hammered; the service in such places tends to be better anyway. Or failing that, find out which bar is most popular with your local police officers in their off-duty moments. As a matter of interest, British licensing laws explicitly forbid the sale of alcohol to anybody who is obviously drunk. Is the same true where you live?
KimboTheGreat chapter 1 . 10/7/2005
They do have non-alcoholic bars. They're called FAMILY FUN CENTERS.
Formerly chapter 1 . 10/6/2005
You sure can dream. Dream the dreams of a pussy.
FurballofEvilness chapter 1 . 10/6/2005
Actually, I think a NonAlcoholic Bar would be awesome. I myself am not allowed to drink (not by parents, but by religion, weird huh?), and although this doesn't bother me, it makes me sad to be unable to go with friends to these bars because of all the things that can and will go wrong.

Meh. Rambling.

Anyway, someday when people finally start realizing that drinking is insanely bad for them, someone might read this and build a NonAlcoholic Bar at which everyone shall cheer and go participate therein.

Loff the essay, it has a lot of feeling in it (like your other stuff, of course) which makes it even more powerful in deliverence.

Also happy that you finally updated...loff!

*gives a cookie bakery and a sprite factory* Loff to yous!
thank you thoughtful chapter 1 . 10/6/2005
juice bar? come on. you can do it.

long live sXe. just kidding.

but seriously.