Reviews for lutes
in theory chapter 1 . 1/7/2006
Sharp, zingy imagery. And the bold is just extra gorgeousness.
Gilee7 chapter 1 . 10/30/2005
I started not to even review this piece, because I don't know what to say about it. It takes like a second to read. I so hate haiku. Like seriously. But I guess that's because I don't write poetry and I don't fully appreciate whatever it takes to write these incredibly short little things.
beti213 chapter 1 . 10/28/2005
"sings like five lutes" wow what a line. I love short pieces that actually have a lot to think about-this is one. great job-keep writing!
Dale Christopher chapter 1 . 10/25/2005
My understanding is that a haiku should be easy to understand and should talk to all of us. This one does not. And I like it all the more because of it. It was chilling and pure, and felt like something ancient. I don't know why, and again that is one of the reasons I liked it so much.

Thank you for your review of Love Lost.
Dave500 chapter 1 . 10/24/2005
i hate reading stuff that has been bolded. other than that. this is a good poem. thanks for reviewing my work by the way.
Ang-Dev chapter 1 . 10/17/2005
beautiful. i really like this haiku, especially the line 'fresh summer morning'. i dont actually get wot ur saying and i suppose wot i hav in mind is probably very different from wot u mean. the descriptions in this is beautiful and i like the fact that nothing is in capitals. short but good:-)
Katterree Fengari chapter 1 . 10/15/2005
I'm trying to get what you're saying, it's a real egnima to me, this one is-I love how simple it is...but then again, it is a haiku...I do like how there is nothing capitalized.

I like the "sings like five lutes". Whenever I see the word lute, I almost always thing 'flute' and woodwinds...but lutes really could be like a human voice. I really like the idea of someone finding out that they're going to die and singing in response to it.

"fresh" and "summer" aren't always what you see together, or what I would think of together. Summer's always really hot and sticky, so maybe before the sun's heat really hits, it can be fresh. This kind of fits, I don't know, I get this idea of a young girl who figures she's going to die, and instead of focusing on the obvious bad, she focuses on the good- like she's never going to grow old(not that that would be bad to do), and like with the summer part, she's never going to see the sun rise to be overhead, but she won't be struck by its heat.
White Tea and Ginger chapter 1 . 10/12/2005
Oh-chilling. Love it.

-Hillary-
Ebony Stars chapter 1 . 10/11/2005
it feels like it's in a concentration camp to me. no idea why. purely original and amazing images. yum.
The Proxy Ninja chapter 1 . 10/10/2005
Ee. What does, "death-strained warrant signed" mean? Like, er. When I hear someone's signed their "death warrant", it means they've done something terribly stupid and risk having their necks wrung by their parent. But in this context, it sounds more cataclysmic. I want to know what it means!

But "five lutes on a fresh summer morning", that's really amazing. I wouldn't have thought of an image like that, and I thank my higherpower for variation. I would have said something more industrial like singing of parks and flowers in the middle of a big city. Something weird and abrupt like that. I find it strange that even with the syllabic restraint, all three sentences look close in length, and the first line practically looks longer than the second!

What does that first line mean?
evm chapter 1 . 10/9/2005
Love, 'she sings like five lutes.'
Nobody-n-Particular chapter 1 . 10/9/2005
Pure mixed with darkness.
poetic abortion chapter 1 . 10/9/2005
such a gorgeous haiku. the first line is just so beautiful and the last like a breath of fresh air. it's perfect.

* noelle
Sarah-Brighteyes chapter 1 . 10/8/2005
Very beautiful. I love the sort of ironicness of this piece... death stained warrent and then a fresh summer morning... complete opposite moods are brought about by each. Interesting haiku.
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 10/8/2005
This reminded me of some ancient queen ready to die. I loved the mood that you brought to this; you give her death an almost pretty face. Keep up the good work.

Much love,Juliet.