Reviews for Narcissus
crimsonsnow0017 chapter 5 . 7/10/2012
Er, am I write in thinking that he's going to blind himself? Or did he kill himself? I'm a little murky on the ending...

Great story, though! Creepy, but I'm glad he found Tom!
pygmy owl chapter 6 . 7/5/2010
Disturbing, but interesting and well written. Certainly memorable... :-)
Blithe Lee chapter 5 . 4/20/2008
This is absolutely lovely. It's elegant in a way that makes me think of black lines on paper, sparse beauty.

As you can tell, I enjoyed reading this-thank you very much for sharing it.
Mademoiselle Rouge chapter 6 . 4/18/2008
That was amazing. Love it.

The plot is great and the way you write, it's just...wow.

Going straight to my favorites ;)
Insomiak chapter 6 . 2/23/2008
EVIL.

(dies).

(heart).
Insomiak chapter 5 . 2/23/2008
AH. This reminds me of... um... (runs to bedroom) Jerusalem's Lot by Stephen King! Not 'Salem's Lot, though they are the same place... the ending killed me in both.

Anyway! I'm thoroughly crushed—thanks.

Insomiak chapter 4 . 2/23/2008
Okay, ignoring the fact that my father's name is Tom, that was adorable! (peels to next chapter)

Insomiak chapter 3 . 2/23/2008
It's kinda like he's writing letters to someone. I like it! Very Stephen King. Well, minus the whole butt-sex part, but shh.

Insomiak chapter 2 . 2/23/2008
This is miles different from what I usually read, but I'm all interested :D Oh, this is just nothing really...

"Remarkably, I was without a headache. In fact, I had not felt that clear-headed in months. Still, I was unable to dismiss the encounter."

When you use words like remarkably, in fact, still, however, actually... at the beginning of sentences right after each other, it reads weird. At least, it does to me. Feel free to ignore this though, because the hell do I know?

(heart)

Insomiak chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
Hey, hey, it's sad. Sort of. But I like it. I'm a vicious hater of perfection, but your writing is wonderful, so I'll keep going.

Sid Arbaon chapter 2 . 2/12/2008
you write/type powerful words, there is no denying that. your senses must constantly be alive for you to right so...passionately. I really like this, though it is slightly awkward, to me, with the homosexuality, but I'm not that exposed to it. well, regardless, great job.
Back of Beyond chapter 6 . 1/31/2007
holy crap, this story was amazing. like, seriously amazing D: i am so gutted there's no more to read! *sob*
CornerChild chapter 1 . 12/8/2005
I've heard of this dude. Don't know if anyone has mentioned it in a review yet, but wasnt narcissus this really hot guy (in greek myth), and this girl (i think she was nymph) named Echo saw him hunting one day and fell in love with him. For some reason she hid in a cave when he came. Also i think she was cursed previously to only speak when she had been spoken to. So this dude catched a glimpse of her and says, "hello?" She replies, "hello?" He says, "where are you?" She asks the same thing, "where are you?" Yada yada, he says i love you, she comes out saying she loves him too. He laughs and walks away, and Echo leaves crying. Then i think some goddess saw this and heard he had done this to many girls so she cursed him to fall in love with someone who could never love him back. So then one day he was hunting again when he came across a stream and caught his reflection- and fell in love with it. He was so captivated by it he would just lay there for days beside it and plead for it to speak to him, but when it didn't he would just put it off as it was shy. Then when he tried to kiss it, he couldn't understand why it would run away. He was so in love with his relfection that he would never move away from it and eventually died beside it.

Anyway, sorry 'bout that, i'll actually review after reading the first chapter. Although i found it annoying how much that mysterious character said, "monsieur" I wasn't disappointed. I found the writing very well done and i got a sense that you got really lost in the imagery you were creating, which i find impressive... i suck at that. So anyway, i'm off to read the rest.
spacebunny chapter 6 . 12/5/2005
[...and also because I'm a review whore and I like to bump my story back up again.]

Ahahahaha!

I can relate. As I am a fellow review whore. But good; bump it. This story is awesome. And though where you ended it KILLS me-it's okay. Because I love things that drive me crazy. Tis why I adore anime and manga. (Just about all anime titles end devestatingly, IMHO). XD
davidfnbowie chapter 5 . 11/26/2005
ahh, the twistedness of this story.

hm is that a word?

nevertheless, ed to my favorite stories.
33 | Page 1 .. Last Next »