Reviews for summertime boy
FreekyDisaster18 chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
Hey there lovely! I'm here to spread some great news. This poe has been added to the Poetry category over on A Drop of Romeo! :)

Here's the Review:

"Helen Thinks: Romantic poetry can sometimes become a bit like déjà vu – you know, the constant feeling of reading the same thing over and over – well that is most definitely not the case with like a lover’s ‘Summertime Boy’. Like the name, it’s a fresh poem delivered with flawless prose. ‘Summertime Boy’ has short catchy sentences with an enthusiastic prose filled with image conjuring adjectives and a visually attractive layout that makes it a stunning read. Like a lover manages to capture the emotions of a girl in love beautifully and makes me think of Rachel in F.R.I.E.N.D.S stating “he’s so pretty I could cry.” Seriously, a beautiful read that will have you reading again and again."

Keep writing,

Helen xo
morphine and lollipops chapter 1 . 3/12/2010
Aw. The imagery was amazing.
Fragile Things chapter 1 . 8/18/2008
i really liked this because it was original and fresh and just awesome.
Perfectly Paradox chapter 1 . 5/14/2008
Again, I love the imagery you never fail to paint for the reader. I love the alliteration of "dandelions dancing..." I love the active presence of color in here as well. The black waves, brown leaves, 'yellow,' tan skin, red cheeks, and then the imagery of crystalized eyelashes just exudes all of those colors... like seeing everything through a changing color spectrum... as well as changing seasons. Well done.
One-Hand Clap chapter 1 . 4/20/2008
This is just amazing! The imagery was lovely, it really captured the feel of 'summertime' to a tee. And the ending really encapsulated the masochistic tendencies females encroach (is that the right word to use? oh well, I'm tired!) when it comes to boys. It was magnificent. I loved it for those two reasons.

- Clap Trap, from review marathon [link in profile]
Her Wishing Well chapter 1 . 7/24/2007
Pretty originial. this was gorgeous i just loved the repetition of 'boy' the way the seasons played a massive part in constructing the imagery 'look at me when I never say hi, boy' and 'I wonder what you look like covered in snow, do your cheeks turn red like mine, are your fingers cold like mine' I just love it - a favourite.
a ribcage away chapter 1 . 5/1/2007
"I want to see how beautiful the seasons can make you" - Brilliant & unique, well done. Keep writing. you're gifted. ~ Odds.
coldsunlight chapter 1 . 9/22/2006
don't i know how that feels.
Margot Tenenbaum chapter 1 . 7/2/2006
this is really beautiful.i love the juxtaposition with the references to the seasons and wanting to uncover the core of this said boy. It's like the season of summer adds an extra beauty to this boy and the narrator wants to know ALL of him, flaws and 's great!
laughter at the funeral chapter 1 . 4/28/2006
i want to see how beautiful the seasons can make you...beautiful...the first stanza is awesome too...its really bold of you to put that particular coldplay song...im not really sure if that line is that strong but i commend you for that braveness...still, a good job...oh and pls, if you have the time, pls do review some of my poems...thanks...

truly yours...
water lily nymph chapter 1 . 4/3/2006
just lovely, it could be an awesome song!
Jezsh chapter 1 . 12/21/2005
gorgeous, so very almost like a song, so very not. Just beautiful.
citrus scented chapter 1 . 11/29/2005
wow this is imensely passioante yet at the same time so delicate. "dandelions dancing on your breath"- beautiful imagery. just beautiful.
kit feral chapter 1 . 11/11/2005
This is beautiful. Especially the liens "boy with the lightlight lashes like summertime butterflies flutter on by, boy." Edible perfection. And I love the parts about snow and also the art class part. It's wonderful. This boy sounds just yummy, lol. Anyway, beautiful work, and I advise you to keep writing, as you obviously have a way with words.
SuicidalGreeting chapter 1 . 11/9/2005
Hey.

Well I took the poem down, cause your friend and you obviously had problems with it and I decided that it was probably the best way to end it.

So if you're happy, I'm happy :)

Anyways.

I totally love this poem. I really like the whole concept and to tell you the truth I feel like I've been there before. Kind of in a way I guess. (Ok totally weirdness there lol sorry)

I loved it so much and cant wait till your next.

Awesome job.

Much Love-Suicidal_Greeting

P.S. As a response to the suicide thing, I've tried. A lot. To kill myself and do realize that people care and how fucked everyone elses life would be if I ended up succeeding. I really admire you in that way because you can write "happy" poems like this and all I'm stuck with is the boring "yeah yeah I wanna die" shit. The thing is, I think, is because you are actually happy with your life. I mean look and your friend who left me that review. She obviously cares about you enough to wonder if somebody (and accuse them) of plagirizing something of yours! So really be happy with what you have Emz, because you have so much more than I have ever had :)

P.P.S. I'd really like to start talking on MSN again sometime, if you're cool with that :)