Reviews for Brief Insanities
Perfectly Paradox chapter 2 . 5/3/2008
You always use such interesting figures of speech. I love "...kissing her with a fire that made Lucifer jealous." Awesome imagery as always.
Perfectly Paradox chapter 1 . 5/3/2008
Snaps I love the way you write! :D I seriously think you could go places with your writing girl. I love the way you word things so thought provokingly... "Irony is shaped like a milk carton." You have such a vividity about your words and the way you describe things. LOVE IT!
idesel chapter 2 . 11/23/2006
I like the writing of this. Like, in the girl's section how it was like she was waiting for the gates of heaven to open...she was. And how that little word play was repeated again. I like to do that sort of thing when I write short stories. It just...I dunno, makes them so more pleasant to read.
method acting chapter 2 . 5/25/2006
Clever. Continue. Excellent descriptions. Really quite nice. Dammit. You can tell a good piece when it makes you feel resentful and fills you with a longing to pick up a pen. Bitter inspiration, but inspiration none the less. Thank you. Fine job.
AcidxxPops chapter 2 . 3/5/2006
Very good and well written. I like the comparisons, and the change between points of views. As in your previous chapter, this is a great piece of writing. I can't wait to read more of your work _

-Nia
AcidxxPops chapter 1 . 3/5/2006
Oh, I like it. It does have a halloween-ish feeling too it, but in a good way of course _ I like how the character tells the details that lead up to the main story, it makes you believe that he truely is a prophet. Heck, I'd give him two bucks to have my palm read.

Keep it up, I really enjoyed reading this.

-Nia
acrobia chapter 2 . 3/5/2006
I like the way we see both perspectives, as well as how they both repeat each other's lines, in a way it is similar to 303. The imagery is very nice, the descriptions too, and the way you describe the events...it leaves some mystery behind, something that isnt quite clear but that the reader strives to grasp - I like that, it makes us work. Keep up the good work!xo - Acrobia
acrobia chapter 1 . 3/5/2006
Wow. I am...just wow! This was such a powerful beggining, and so well presented! The imagery is outstanding, and I like the little ironies you use. They are really fantastic; the lines "They thought he was holding a bomb. Irony is shaped like a milk carton" and "I saw the little girl holding her breath as her mother plunged her headfirst into the bathtub. She came up four times before succumbing to the deep wet tomb of porcelain.

You didn’t know she was drowned by her mother did you. Channel 13 didn’t air that part." HOLY...these lines were so amaizing...I jumped out of my chair! I also loved the way you repeat a line in the end, "This guy is insane..." it gives the story circularity, and it works really well. This is definetly one of my favorite sotries ever! I can't wait to keep reading. You have a gift with words!xo - Acrobia
Darthen chapter 2 . 3/4/2006
Nice, I liked both of them so far. Both are pretty dark and have an edge in them that makes it very satisfying. In dark stories as these it is ussually good to put in one or two lines of grim humor. What I mean to say is that it doesn't all have to be "dark dim, dark dim, dark dim." you know? Excellent job, I look forward to more.
whentherainfalls chapter 1 . 12/9/2005
oohh i like very much. very hopefull the creativity will keep flowing; unlike mine on my story:( i tried to think of something ..but i lost interest. damn, and yu were such a lovely reviewer)anyways. i really like this. keep it up~ashley~
Sally-andersonn chapter 2 . 12/4/2005
Skip out the bit aobut the pills becasue thatjust doesn't fit in. Other than that, it was very sweet.
Sally-andersonn chapter 1 . 12/4/2005
The first paragraph with the ponderings on why he has the gift was awkward. Remove it and just launch into ," When i was five..."

Ther est is good thoguh it does get a little repititious (the examples).
Falconer Aysel chapter 2 . 11/19/2005
"she would break like a dam into his arms" :sweetness. That paragraph was freaken awesome, Miss Sarah! AWESOME! Wait...was she abused? That's what it sounds like to me. Oh, she was, then. Idiot of a father. The way you didn't give them names...that was suave. And the repition, like they both knew each other so well, it was very sweeT! ta ta -Aysel
Falconer Aysel chapter 1 . 11/19/2005
All right, Miss Sarah! Hello, hello, and on with the review, eh? First of all...the aliens in the first paragraph? I think you could do without them. HA! Bugged teddy eyes. That was funny. I like the black things: cat, hankerchief. Comparison of father to gargoyle: good. OUCH, that darling girl! (sobs quietly) I like the last sentence, although the talking to the audience is kind of...I don't know, annoying maybe? I guess, but it could work if perhaps it was a conversation? Perhaps? I'm not really sure, but I liked the basic skeleton of the short story. -Aysel
LunaMoonyScamp chapter 2 . 11/15/2005
I must admit that I like the first chapter-thingy better, not to say this isn't any good. It showed the sceen from both POV's and that was iteresting-how their thoughts were nearly one.

((-Moony-))