Reviews for Finish Me Off
Laurs chapter 17 . 2/1/2007
Quote:

You're not a hundred dollar bill.

Not everyone is going to like you

-Meg Cabot's Grandma.

If someone doesnt like your story, I'd forget about it. If you like it, then keep it. People will like it, some wont. Its your story. Do what you want.
belle amia chapter 17 . 2/1/2007
hi, i just read your a/n and i think that either way, this story is going to work out. you've left enough room to move in either direction and still have a strong, well written story. personally, i would like to see the story progress to the plane ride to america because that is where you would've originally gone. i think that you could start another story which ends up with the couple going to medieval ireland because it is a great idea. hope this helps!

belle amia
Banana Nut Muffin chapter 17 . 1/31/2007
Well I didn't want to say anything before, but since you're asking... I think the bit about medieval Ireland was a bit off, I didn't really go with the plot of the rest of the story, and It's possible and makes more sense to put the major plot points that was in the medieval part (the whole relationship bit, the abusive ex, etc) into a modern amercian setting, (but that's just my opinion)

But the rest of it is great!
hopelessromantic444 chapter 17 . 1/30/2007
aw I LOVE YOUR STORY SO FAR HUNN! THE MEDEIVAL TIMES PART WAS KINDA CUTE... AND DRAMATIC! PLEASE CONTINUE THE STORY!
Katie chapter 17 . 1/30/2007
Catee,

I don't think the medieval chapters are bad, more unexpected. I just found your story and as I was reading I went back to make sure I had the correct story. Usually I sense that something like that is about to happen, but I had no clue it was coming. I hope this helps.

Katie
Lalaland chapter 17 . 1/30/2007
um,here's what i think you should do: once back in Ireland, no time has passed (Like in Lion Witch and the Wardrode)
swimchickslam chapter 17 . 1/29/2007
m... I think the medieval ones are superfluous... but whatever suits the author :)
Azure Skye chapter 17 . 1/28/2007
hey, just ignore what those people have said - if it feels right for you then go for it! i think you could really develop what Scarlett and Tristan discovered between themselves back in time - and the secret behind the girl everyone seemed to think she was - an ancestor of hers, perhaps? but i also think that the story could work without the whole going back in time thing.

what i really mean to say is that you're a fantastic writer and a wonderful storyteller, and i think that whatever you decide to do will fit the story.

i love this story so much, and have been following it for so long - i know that i'll like your decision, whatever it is. (as long as there's a happy ending; i'm an absolute sucker for them!)
kbxyz912345 chapter 17 . 1/28/2007
I understand how you are feeling with people disagreeing with your choice to send them back in time, but it is not their story. It is yours, and you write it. However, if you are feeling the same about the whole time travel thing, then by all means, you can change it. Don't worry though, it was a really nice twist...something different...but the romantic humor of the plot line was kind of lost. I think most of the other reviewers would agree with me on this, because the beginning started off so funny! Anyway, whatever you decide to do is fine- I've liked ALL of this story. Don't let other's reviews get you down...writing should be for your pleasure too!
Georgianna Rhodes chapter 17 . 1/27/2007
It's not that it's a bad story, the story is good. It just didn't need that whole Ireland time travel thing.

Feeling of memory is good. It's when you get into the cliche of time travel that things get out of wack. That whole bit just didn't seem to click with the story.

Piece of advice. Try reading some Nora Roberts. Your writing style seems to echo her some, and she's one of the most fabulous writers that I know. I recommend Born in Shame. It's the last of a trilogy (her specialty) so you might want to read the entire set; but your tale has something that seems rather close to her book. She has some great ways of going about everything, and I myself am learning a lot from her.

Good luck, and I look forward to more of Finish Me Off.
stravaganti16 chapter 17 . 1/27/2007
I think that you should continue on with this plot line, though I don't know how you would go from there...
Robbit chapter 17 . 1/27/2007
It depends, i really did enjoy the last few chapters, but it didnt seem to really fit in. In my opinion, they would be amazing there if there was just some sort of connection to the present world that makes there a reason as to why they would have gone back in time, like a revelation in the time change. So that their travel had a purpose almost. If you can do that, i would keep the last few chapters in, if not i guess you should say, am i writing this story for me or am i writing it for the people reading it. because sometimes the reasons why the book has something in it doesnt make sense to the reader until the end. and you are the one telling the story, if thats how its supposed to be told then thats how it is, because sometimes the book just writes itself.

anyways, dont get discouraged,

Robyn
Saniaaa chapter 17 . 1/27/2007
hey. to be honest I really liked the medievel thing. I hope you keep it like this and continue from that. Even if you don't I'm looking forward to the next chapter ]
crimson-aurora chapter 17 . 1/27/2007
I just found this story yesterday, and I think it's amazing! You should keep up the current plot line, with the trip to Medievel Ireland, because it adds to their relationship and just proves that they can survive. Please keep it going and don't change it!
Melissa chapter 17 . 1/27/2007
The first few chapters were so good and so well written. It kinda caught me off gaurd when they went back in time, I didn't think it was goning to be a fantasy story. I think it would be much better if you just kept it the way it was going before they went back in time.
494 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »