Reviews for Finish Me Off
elizabeth chapter 17 . 1/26/2007
i like the plot. YOU are the one writing this; no one else is. i check on the story everyday, and the medieval Ireland? i LOVED it!

keep with the plot line. i love it.
lalalala chapter 17 . 1/26/2007
umm... at first i wasn't too fond of the whole medieval ireland thing, but after a while i got used to it and it wans't so bad. I just think that you could've had a better transition and more of a build up to the time travel. I mean, i'm assuming it was your intention to get the reader really surprised by this time change, and believe me, i was REALLY suprised and a lil confused as well.

I think i would prefer your story as a modern story without the time change... but i naturally dont like fantasy and historical stuff. SO, thats my kinda biased opinion right there D Hopefully this was helpful!

The main point is, it IS your story so you can really do anything you want. I've read some past reviews and you have many adoring fans, so just do what you think is best for your story.
SilvinArrow chapter 17 . 1/26/2007
I felt that the whole medieval Ireland tangent had nothing to do with the development of the plot as a whole. All the things that transpired between Tristan and Scarlett there, could have easily happened in the modern world. Unless the time traveling plays an important role in the future, I'd reccomend you take it out.

...but then there is the fact that you are ultimately the author and have the final say in all things pertaining to this story! If you like the fact that they went to medieval Ireland, well, then screw everyone else. Writing shouldn't be done for the sake of others - I say examine what you want to happen with this story, what makes you happy in this story, and if the few chapters about medieval Ireland play into all of that.
xImperfection101 chapter 17 . 1/26/2007
I didn't really go for the whole back in time thing. But it was a good twist. It definately wasn't bad, it just wasn't my style.
Cloudie chapter 17 . 1/26/2007
When i first read this story, I thought it was really gonna be something really great and it got me really interested in what's gonna happen next. But when Tristan and Scarlett time-traveled back to medieval scotland, I was quite baffled as what was going on. It didn't fit into the story and it felt like you were trying to add something else in it to make it more interesting. I think the story would've been great w/o the medieval scotland part. Hope this doesn't discourage you from continuing this story.
hellokittygirl chapter 17 . 1/26/2007
Hey. ) I read some of the reviews, and from what I saw, only one person thought that the medieval Ireland scenes were completely out of place. I think it was fine, that it was a great twist. Maybe there isn't a lot of foreshadowing, or any clues leading up to med. Ireland, but it was still nice and refreshing.

Don't change it. Please?

-Lqd
Jenina chapter 17 . 1/26/2007
No, don't delete it! It puts that special little something into your story that isn't there in other romances. The trip to medieval Ireland is key to the development of the relationship between Tristan and Scarlett. Without that sub-plot, your plot as a whole wouldn't be as strong nor as original.

However strong my belief is that you should keep the sub-plot, I will support you in whatever you choose to do because I have been captivated by this story and am not likely to stop reading it. (That's a viciously long sentence..)

- Jenina
aReader chapter 17 . 1/26/2007
I like your story a lot. And to answer your question,personally I think u should stick to your story (the Ireland one ). If u like it, write it. Don't worry about anything else. Just do what u want :P.
Tenshistar chapter 17 . 1/26/2007
I personally enjoyed the chapters an dthink there could be a way to wind them in. It would take some work, but its possible.
The Neurotic Notebook chapter 17 . 1/26/2007
I think that you should continue with this plot line. But if you and ONLY you, think that it should go under revision then you could edit it. But I find that editing is easier when you're finished.
Ellea Dawn chapter 17 . 1/26/2007
I think that since you are the author, and is YOUR story you should take the plot which ever way you want.

I like this story and I'll read it no matter what you decide.
Ri chapter 17 . 1/26/2007
Tristan and Scarlett ending up in medieval Ireland was a great twist, it was completely unexpected and took me by surprise. It was a bit odd that they were speaking in English there though instead of Gaelic (unless they were speaking Gaelic there the whole time and I just forgot ")

And I'm really glad that they arrived back safely and 'in love'?

So great story! You have nothing to be discouraged about.

Having said all that, I think you should do what you want with the story. Either way, there are going to be readers who aren't satisfied with what you write, you simply can't please anyone. So if you write as you had planned to, then at least you're staying true to yourself and you'll still have some happy readers anyway. I mean, even though there are displeased comments, there are also good comments that are praising this story right?

Anyway, that's just my opinion so really it's up to you what to do. Whatever you decided, I'll still continue to read this so *thumbs up* and keep up the good work.
Faedora chapter 17 . 1/26/2007
Hey. I haven't reviewed before, simply because I'm hopelessly lazy and yet I'm still in love with your story. Haha. And before I say anything else, I want to assure you that your story really is great. It's new, for one, about the boarding school in Ireland type of thing, and both Tristan and Scarlett are unique characters. I love them :) He's simply cute with his Irish drawl and then there's Scarlett, typical fiery American redhead. They make a good couple. I cheer for them :)

Now onto the topic at hand. Truthfully speaking, I was a little confused when the story launched into Medieval Ireland. It was interesting, indeed, but it seemed a little out of place. Originally, I had thought this story to be more of a realistic/modern type of plot that deals with daily boarding school issues and having international problems and whatnot. But after I got used to the idea of them being suddenly teleported into history, it didn't seem so bad. Just a little...out of place, I should say. I'm not particularly sure what it was supposed to do with the story plot, as I can't really seem to connect it to the rest of the story, but then again, I'm not the brilliant author, you are :) I think if you find the little trip back to old Ireland useful, then you should keep it in the story, no questions asked. If it doesn't play a HUGE role in the story, then I guess that's something else.

Rest assured, there's nothing bad with the little time travel; it can be a little confusing, however. Personally, I don't think you should go back and delete four or five chapters of your hard work just because a few people are displeased with it. If anything, just keep it there and then continue to chapter 17 with the trip to America. I just think of their little trip as a chance to further their relationship and let them understand that they have each other :)

All right, I'm done now. This was a little long, I admit x) Sorry about that. But anyway, I just thought I'd let you know that I enjoy your story very much, and I support you no matter what you decide to do. Good luck, good knowledge, and happy writing! Cheers!
Amynthis chapter 17 . 1/26/2007
Honestly, I enjoy it just the way it is, and I think you should do it the way you want to, if changing it is what you want to do, then change it, but make sure you're doing it for you, and not necessarily because a few people try to tell you otherwise.

Keep up the good work.
Ms.Romantic chapter 17 . 1/26/2007
The story is god.

dont let the readers get to you,

i do think that the medeviel times is a little random though.

so maybe you should delete the those chapters and possibly right another story with that.

lool.

but i love it either anyyway,

cause your awesome/