Reviews for Counting the Roses
Autumn Dance chapter 1 . 11/26/2005
Hi...I was forced at gunpoint to read this by Plinky, who is my best mate- she's so violent to me its unbelievable- she BIT MY HEAD ONCE! But yeah anyway...I read this and thought it was amazing, until I got to the last line "Until the day, The cops come, And tell me to stop littering on your grave". I'm not joking a shiver ran through me and I got goosebumps. It's hearbreakingly stunning and SO elegant- just by that last line when it's all climaxed. I adore it so much and you seemed to touch the matter perfectly. Thank you it's really made met think...Amazing. I can't say anything more...x
Plinky chapter 1 . 10/29/2005
*Sniffs* Damn hormones!

Beautiful poem, I LOVE the description.

When I re-read the poem I noticed all these things I didn't pick up on the first time. "Looking down at you"

Some really beautiful lines in there. I love the image you conjure up in the first stanza. Beautiful.

"They're your faded smiles, glistening tears and everything in between" Beautiful beautiful beautiful.

The ending makes me choke up every time. Beautiful poem, keep writing.
mizu no kokoro chapter 1 . 10/22/2005
wow... beautiful concept and descriptive words good job

keep writing!
EmbersAblaze-IgnitedIcicle chapter 1 . 10/19/2005
This is very memorable. Easy to read somehow, bringing instant images over was relatable as a stale romance, unrequited love, or unexpressed the last line made me just solemnly nod, as if I knew the other was dead and I didn't want to believe it until the bitter as the character doesn't ;)
RainingAllTheTime chapter 1 . 10/18/2005
I really like this. It's sad, but it's sweet in a way. Great job.
WiltingBlackRose chapter 1 . 10/18/2005
Aw, I love that. I was definitely surprised by the end. But I really really loved this one.

You know what you're poems/songs remind me of? They remind me of songs that kids quote all the time, because of the awesome lyrics. Seriously.
Rozlin chapter 1 . 10/18/2005
Absolutely beautiful and the sentiment behind the roses matches my own at the moment...
HauntedMisery chapter 1 . 10/18/2005
mazing as usual, lol. Great work
undepressed-one44 chapter 1 . 10/18/2005
Black roses are so pretty..sorry, random mode. lol I just read the review you sent me...I'm sure your band loves your writing. It'll get you guys far. Oh, and nice poem too.

-freak from the corner
Saber of shadow chapter 1 . 10/18/2005
very ,the spacing just needs some ,it is a pretty sad but beautiful poem
bjw chapter 1 . 10/17/2005
I didn't get this part,

"So, like it or not, I shall keep bringing you rosesAnd I shall continue to count the roses, the reasonsI’ll keep coming with and counting the roses"

What are you trying to say?

But wow, the poem is so startlingly sad. It's very very good; the narrator's devotion is powerfully felt by the reader. The ending was amazing...really bittersweet. I LOVE it.

Gosh my heart is aching. See what you've done? Lol. Brilliant job.