Reviews for Riddle
Awesome Guest P chapter 1 . 11/6/2013
Water, duh
half-sketched.staccatos chapter 1 . 1/25/2009
konnichi wa

I would say the obvious narrator would be water, but to be a little more obscure I would also say "love." After all, it fits all the criteria, albeit sometimes convolutedly. At first love is revitalizing, refreshing. Rarely rejoiced because people so easily come to expect a spouse's love. You cannot truly live without love, yet people who have been burned one time too many sometimes begin to hate it, embittered. That takes care of the first stanza.

Unfortunately, in places people are forced to live without love - abusive homes, people with low self-esteem that find themselves in situations with spouses that take advantage. (For example, the poem I just reviewed about the girl who would do anything and let anything be done to her just for that one smile.) Other times, love goes on forever, prime example being a mother's love.

Technically love is not created but nurtured, and it cannot be destroyed. Even when someone does something that destroys your trust... even if you WISH you could hate that person - Well, there have been plenty of books written about such ideas, about how someone realizes that she cannot stop loving the person who burned her and has to either live with that love and accept it or forgive the person in the end.

Transformed would be a bit more difficult... I don't know exactly how that would fit, but I am sure it would work somehow. Maybe that you can start of loving someone as a friend and then grow to love the person as a lover or some other such translation. *shrug*

Love can be pleasing or painful or peaceful. The only thing it is never is practical... so I guess it does not fit that single last line. :P Ah well, almost. *wink*

Ha det

-Shan-
Lime-Cat chapter 1 . 3/21/2008
Freebie Review!

This one piqued my interest. )

hm...i'm not sure if you're going to edit this, but I will be going comma happy on you right...now:

"No one can live without me(,)" err wait, that was it! haha. My guess would be "I" am water! I like this poem because I think it's pretty clever to make a riddle out of what over 90% of the human body and the world is made of. I also like how you describe (what I think is water)"yourself" and it's quite ironic that people hate the essential and practical. But if it really is water that you're talking about, why is it painful?

One more thing I liked was how this can be soo many things, but we are never told what it is! ) good job, min-tin! 3

lime
Needa S chapter 1 . 3/19/2006
Water? Cool riddle. Great job.
marshbar960 chapter 1 . 12/24/2005
very interesting and can be interpreted in many ways. thanks for sharing and keep writing!
Indigo-Andie chapter 1 . 11/21/2005
water is my guess lol. i like riddles but mainly i like it because you don't have to know the answer you jsut have to think about the duality in its existence...whatever it is...
AlboChick chapter 1 . 11/12/2005
I'm liking this one a lot. Wow, probably because i love riddles but i figured this out. as compicated as you made it. i believe everyone feels like this poem once in a while, or even all of the time. this is definitely one of your best, its not stupid -.
xHannahx chapter 1 . 11/6/2005
water? air? something nice and simple like that. nice though, sometimes its good to do things in class, you do stuff you wouldnt otherwise think of. this is good,

Han.
Elli chapter 1 . 11/1/2005
Very nice. Kind of cool

Unexpected...
Moon-Chaser chapter 1 . 11/1/2005
I love it, you wrote it so well. I love riddles and I think that this is one of the most visual that I have read, I coudl see it all trying to be worked out in my head.

Keep it up.
Cry Tears of Darkness chapter 1 . 10/31/2005
different than your norm i think but its nice. a good contrast
Hidden Lies chapter 1 . 10/30/2005
Nice riddle.. interesting, I cannot think of what it is coz I have music blasting in my ears at the moment so yeah. Great read and nicely put!
catseyeview chapter 1 . 10/24/2005
I absolutely love thinking on the two lines "In some places I am nonexistent and in others I go on for miles." Thought provoking
gnimrodd chapter 1 . 10/22/2005
this is really good, it reminds me of that quote from elizabethtown "i'm hard to remember but impossible to forget" not quite the same base, but definitely the smae outline.. type thing.. if that makes sense.. (i'm good at rambling nonsense) as for picking my favorite poem of yours.. that might prove to be impossible. you have so many good pieces.. i will try my best to find one however. :)
SayIt'sWrong chapter 1 . 10/22/2005