Reviews for Ars Poetica
Pheobe Meryll chapter 1 . 1/18/2006
I really like this poem. "physical/ disease/ making way for/ spiritual/ infection/ in their hearts"...that was a really really great line. I also like how you rank the critics with the jackels. It was a bit on the abstract side so that I couldn't always follow your meaning, but for the most part it suited the subject matter well.

I hope it's okay if I say here that in 'Butterfly' I did have mention of the woodfolk, the immortals. Laertes and Adam spoke about it initially with Erden, and again in the encampment waiting for general geniv, who was leading them from the North.
MCThespian410 chapter 1 . 12/3/2005
Wow. Interesting. I like the ending, comparing/contrasting (whichever word I want, lol, it's late) their poetry's immortality w/ your spiritual immortality. Very cool
BlackPheonix08 chapter 1 . 11/6/2005
Das a good one. I get this one, too. And you make a valid point. Like Emily Dickenson - she was an amazing poet, but she became a recluse. And Edgar Allen Poe? I think he went a little nutso, too. We had to memorize one of his poems in school (Anabel Lee) and it was a little odd. Very good!

~Angel's Broken Heart
CerriC chapter 1 . 11/2/2005
"Butwhile the jackals and critics"

I think you meant "But while"?

I liked this, but I don't have much to say about it. The first verse and the line that followed were my favorite. After that, I thought the structure of the poem got weaker and I grew less interested. Hope that helps somehow.
Julius Gillian chapter 1 . 10/27/2005
Smooth not choopy, like butter :P

Love it, like your Pandemonian poem/ :)

- ShadowEver
The simplest sign of life chapter 1 . 10/19/2005
Haha, well said. Have you read "The Bell Jar"? (By Sylvia Plath). If you haven't, you totally should.