Reviews for The Storybook of Strange
Wallpaper-Patterns chapter 6 . 10/13/2007
Hm, a very interesting concept. I really enjoyed the story, as well as the characters. I adore Moira and Digory! I love the whole dark-fairytale feel, and it reminded me a bit of Lemony Snicket's Tales of Unfortunate Events. You have a very unique writing style, and some scenes are written beautifully like Friday 13th and the tale of the Flower Girl. Hopefully you might decide to pick it up again later as I'd very much like to know what happens next )
Ladybugg13 chapter 6 . 10/3/2007
This is simply terrifying!

And oh so strange. Its scary in a very different way, and even though its completely fantastical, it almost seems believable.

In my head, this seems to be a stop motion movie, its really easy to visualize.(like the nightmare before christmas)

I'm assuming this project is dead, since you haven't updated in a year, but I'd love it if you'd start it up again.

-Bugg
QueenOH chapter 6 . 2/19/2007
I really enjoyed your story it is intriguing and original. I hope that you continue writing it.
SpawnMeister666 chapter 6 . 1/21/2007
This is SUPERB! One of the best things I've read on here for some time. Totally non-sensical, which is always good, and yet captivating and strange at the same time.

Top marks from me, and one for the favorites list for sure!

Spawny
Nickolaus Pacione chapter 1 . 11/26/2006
I read this entire story and every chapter before deciding to review this one. I liked the delivery of this one and you have a good eye for old style horror. I think I would like see with this story is actually for you to get it published on a small publisher or even a bigger place such as Storyteller Magazine.

I haven't reviewed on stories on fictionpress in a long time because I've been busy with getting stories done for a couple of magazines. Trying to meet a lot of deadlines too, but this story managed to get me back on fictionpress after seeing your other stories on myspace. Being a writer is a hard occupation, and takes a real storyteller to make it in the business. I think this story needs a fair chance with a couple publishers. I will give you a link of one you can try when I get done with this review.

Keep up the good work, and keep at it. You will find a market for your stories.
Deyonay chapter 2 . 10/24/2006
this is a pretty cool story.. I am going to continue reading it when i have the chance. You make things easy to visualize.. Atleast, I can visualize things...
EleanorDear chapter 4 . 10/22/2005
wow i really really like this 's so creepy but in the simplest, uncliched ways. its awesome.

this totally makes up for the lack of updates on other stuff!
cheeseandmarmite chapter 4 . 10/21/2005
I love this story - I think you've captured Emily's strange and sinister ways very well. Adam is very intersting - I can't wait to find out more about him! And Emily is quite right, although I never thought about it like that before; dead babies didn't have much time to play in their lives at all. I can't wait for the next chapter !
Eva Lilac chapter 3 . 10/19/2005
You're sure writing this fast! (lol :D)