Reviews for Catharsis
Lucykins chapter 26 . 12/6/2015
Okay, so I finished Predator two days ago, I think - and I had to go and read this one because one heartbreak wasn't enough. It's funny that you've published this story 10 years ago. I really wonder where you are right now in life. I'm praying that one day you'll log on this account and see that silly little people who should be working hard on their homework are instead indulging themselves with your stories. I really hope you're still writing, professionally. You build very strong thriller plots. Yeah, your genre isn't romance fully, but you really know how to build chemistry between your characters. The way the male character touches the girl, their dialogues, the stares, the heat. And you've written this so long ago! Too bad there's no more information on you, there's no way to reach you. I really want to know if you're still writing, I'd gladly pay money for published work, especially if it's as dark and thrilling as the two I had read.
Now for the review itself: The story isn't perfect, but that's what i love about it. It's built better than Predator (but predator's mystery is one of the things I loved about it-even if I was frustrated and confused most of the time). I think the thing that bothered me the most are the reactions of your characters towards one another. Both your heroines (Angel and Siobhan) have such short tempers, and Jason, and Cancer, and the girls. Every conversation Jason and Siobhan had, had ended in a fight. Also, the entire last part of this story, her "kidnapping" and escape, was so brief and seemed like you wrote it halfheartedly. Which is completely opposite from the rest of the story. Another thing that bothered me is of course, the ending. Not because of the way it ended but mostly because of the aftermath regarding Siobhan. I mean, you've built a character that I liked, and wrote a story around her, she was hurt and "ran" from home to catch a break, only for it to backfire so badly that it would probably leave her 10 times more broken than she was. That's sad, because while I don't mind bad endings, I still want the main character not to suffer so much, because all in all, the reader is meant to care and root for her. Know what I mean?

I really liked that you knew how to plant those little clues about Jason's identity and his intentions. The way he talked about her hair resembling Celine's, and Lani's eyes. The burial that he never got to give his sister it was so satisfying when everything clicked in the end. Also, what I love most about your stories (both of them). Is the surrounding atmosphere and background scenes. The teenager and their dark lives, school and lessons, the passages, the nights, the lighthouse and the beach, the roofs and all those little places that enriches the imagination and makes you want to crawl into the story and sit with them at the canteen or go to their parties, etc.

I was really hoping to read a sequel, but that's not going to happen. I guess I'm kind of disappointed because even though I knew Jason would probably end up being the "villain" I was still hoping he'd have a special thing for the heroine, because isn't that what every girl wants? A psychopath longing for her?

Hehe... anyway, again, just like the review for Predator, probably just writing this down to myself. But still, good job. You're awesome.
ajashire1 chapter 26 . 8/20/2014
I enjoyed this story kept me wanting more. Now to check out your other works.
Angels Have Faith chapter 25 . 2/19/2014
Fucking awesome
Dominique Diane chapter 26 . 10/15/2013
Holy Fuck. I don't know if I want to cry, vomit, giggle or cut my hand, really! (The hand part not really, but yeah...)
Really, this story freak the fuck out of me, I swear the second day I read this (in the Inkara part) I couldn't sleep. I knew that Jason had something to do with all that because it was weird that he knew so many things about the story (even thought is still confusing, if Layrenna was killed by her son and then in one of the first chapters you said that Inkara was daughter of Layrenna while in Chapter 26 you told us Layrenna took her son, Arden, to the red mountain and then he killed her, where did Inkara appear?) and then, after reading the story I realized that Jason said that his sister was the one who inherited the weird shit, he was one to talk I mean, he killed girls to make a mannequin of Celine with their BODY PARTS, I really don't know how to explain that I love this story I'm a weird sadistic way.
Fuck, I always go around writing reviews about how great their stories are and crying because of the romance and shit, but this one was the exception. I didn't cry but I'm still biting my nails, biting my lips, writing at 2:30 am and hearing the sound of rain outside my room with bizarre ideas of people calling me. Your fault. Sorry if I'm not making any sense, it's just that I don't KNOW! And I want to KNOW! I thought Jason was normal, he seemed so perfect and sweet and then you changed all my ideas (the same with , bad,good,badbadbadbad, good). Then he' . And. I.m.m.s.
Please save me from my agony and write a sequel. Also don't mind the orthography, I'm to tired to check it :/
Regards,
Me.
whatthegreencarrot chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
It was a good start to the chapter, but one thing kept distracting me from everything else, so this review isn't going to be the five-paragraph glory I usually type out (and no, I'm not kidding, five paragraphs is the norm for me).

You kept writing, "I cocked my head," every few sentences or so, which annoyed me to no end. How many times can a person cock her head? You could use some variation—for example, "I tipped my head to the side." Don't get me wrong, I use the head-cock phrase every now and then, but it's just like a... It's pretty much an "I cocked my head" explosion. Sorry, it was bugging me, and I just had to let it all out.

On a brighter, happier note, your grammar was quite nice, as was your punctuation. It irritates me to no end when people miss their commas like crazy, but you seem to be doing just fine with all that. Thank god for that *phew* seeing as most authors on FP nowadays don't have perfect punctuation and grammar...

Ugh. One more paragraph till I reach my norm... But no, I feel a bit too lazy for that. Okay, this is a wrap. Good story, but please, correct the head-cocking thing. Please.
Aeris.Lockheart507 chapter 26 . 9/10/2012
This story is one of the best I've read so far! It kept me captivated for hours! Lol I actually fin. reading it in a day n I hv exams atm x_X..
A.N.D chapter 26 . 8/30/2012
I strarted laughing and crying at the same time when I read that it was Jason all along, and I really didn't suspect it at the least. Heck it didn't even cross my mind. I can honestly can say I loved this story and it was probably one of my favorite ones I have read so far.
I also can't believe that he went and killed Lani even though they had been friend since they were little, and how he was just going to kill Siobhan just like that. I thought that he actually really cared for her. I really didn't think that he only wanted her for her hair and skin. Well that was until he kinda cut her hair off and told her he was going to kill her and use her skin to recreate Celine...
DA-chen1 chapter 25 . 7/10/2012
Great ending of the story! :-)
I love it, how she is in his room and is thinking about him! I liked him, nonetheless.. he is a freak and sometimes he was really one, as a person, to her.. but his character was very deep and interesting to read about!
I really appreciate that your story is on fp!
DA-chen1 chapter 24 . 7/10/2012
Great, she found a solution.. wow, dark chapter!
DA-chen1 chapter 23 . 7/10/2012
Wow, he is weird! :-/ I believe, his father is the bigger freak here, to say nothing about an ill-mental son and a crazy mother...! He gets all of them in danger!
DA-chen1 chapter 22 . 7/9/2012
I'm a cat, too! :-) I'm so curious! ;-)
DA-chen1 chapter 21 . 7/9/2012
So, he is delivering the girls, or what? Scream! That's not fair.. I hoped, that he is the one for Siobhan! :-((
Or he wanna stop it... because his sister died because of his mother's craziness? Twisted...
DA-chen1 chapter 20 . 7/8/2012
Great.. she was falling? Shit.. I hope, she is okay!
DA-chen1 chapter 19 . 7/8/2012
Well, great chap.. sometimes it doesn't need to be very eventful.. to get the mood, it's great... ;-)
DA-chen1 chapter 18 . 7/8/2012
Hmmm...well, she has no friends at all..really sad :-(
I hope, the trip with Jason will be great :D