Reviews for Catharsis
Candescence chapter 21 . 6/6/2010
I KNEW it. Well, I guess you made it kinda obvious, too, but...still. From the fight with Jon to him telling her not to let him lose control and how he knew all of the stories it just made sense. This a real suspensful story, I don't think I've ever read a story like this on FP.
Bookstalker chapter 25 . 5/20/2010
Oh yeah. Sorry for bogging up your inbox but I have a question. I don't really get Siobhan's past - like why she went to a boarding school. Is it because of her father's death? I'm not the most careful reader. Maybe you mentioned it. Sorry.

-Bookstalker
Bookstalker chapter 26 . 5/20/2010
Ohmigosh. This story was pure gold. I loved the whole dark, mysterious thing and how you didn't tell the reader (or us, I think English lessons have got to me) clearly when Siobhan discovered something, but sort of revealed it through the descriptions bit by bit. Like the bit with the mannequin.

And Jason. He was AWESOME. I was pretty much in love with him until he started trying to kill her. That broke my heart. (Not really.) I pretty much think the same way as Siobhan does - I miss seeing him in the story but I'm kind of glad he disappeared.

Anyways. I'm looking forward to a sequel (if you come up with one, no pressure). I miss the whole cast already.

-Bookstalker

P.S. I love Tom.
PhyreLillie chapter 25 . 5/19/2010
W.O.W.

Absolutely fantastic.

I literally finished with in two days, pulling an allmost-all-nighter and staying home from school on one of them finishing this when I was supposed o be catching up with schoolwork.

And it was definitely worth it.

You had me hooked since the beginning, with the mystery of the missing girls and what really went on in Siobhan's family. Though, I didn't really understand that part - did her dad and later on sister die?

Another confusing bit was the poems - I didn't really understand how Jason "decoded" them when Siobhan showed them to him or how he expected anyone to decode them. I couldn't figure it out for the life of me.

Aw, poor Tom - I actually wanted Siobhan to really like him back (partly to irk Jason, haha).

Anyways, I LOVED the ending. And the way you described everything...absolutely creepy in a somewhat beautiful way.

I definitely liked this one better than Predator.

Kudos to you!
pullingpromises chapter 26 . 4/16/2010
This is stellar. The story is amazing. I couldn't stop reading it from the beginning until the end. It wasn't such a huge shocker for me that Jason was actually a psycho. I sort of expected it I guess but the instensity of the whole story is awesome.

The way you wrote just gave me the chills. Very morbid, eerie and creepy. I love it.

by the way, I love the name Siobhan. It is definitely not a typical female character name which somehow fits the sombre mood of the whole story :)
Awaywithwords1234567890 chapter 26 . 1/26/2010
Oh gosh! This was so good! I did not see Jason being a maniac.

I'm sad he is, but I know you had to do it and glad you did because not a lot of authors will do that. Again just so good and I know it's been almost four years since you wrote this, but better late than never right?

urbeatifulamazingsister-the1st chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
you emo you, i only read the first few lines as well. oh feesha it's so cool. the numbers next to the review word get less the more i type. i feel old. i luv you smely. hoho
WithEveryReason chapter 25 . 1/8/2010
Wow.

I'm in shock.

Seriously.

Wow.

Wonderful.

And so sad.

I can't believe the twist, it made me cry. It fit so perfectly I think it was the only thing that would have worked but I wish it were different. I'm not disapointed just sad.

I have a lot to ponder.

Great job.
waterlilies52 chapter 26 . 12/31/2009
There were a few odd moments here and then, like the whole email dialogue between Siobhan and Tom which just seemed out-of-place, but I loved the sudden twist at the end. However, I still feel that Predator was a little better than this one. There were certain plot elements in here that I found hard to believe like how she wore the red dress to the dance and nobody really noticed. And all their mood changes. Oh and how nobody..really notices the murders. Like how after Keira's death, nobody at school seems to be affected except for Steph. I liked the little boy in the final chapter, though. That was a nice touch. By the way, the character Rachel here is extremely similar to Angela in Predator!
Part Of The Pack chapter 25 . 12/21/2009
hey, i know this is going to sound weird, but could you PLEASE write a second story to this, even though this one was for a compition. please?
angel.of.genesis chapter 26 . 12/14/2009
I /really/ loved your story! I read it all in two days! )

It never failed to surprise me whenever I thought I had everything figured out ). I also liked how you connected the little details within it and everything was you wrote was went with the plot :D.

I hope you're able to think of another amazing plot to make a sequel! I look forward to it!

I'm definitely going to make sure I check out your other stories also!D
abbsi chapter 26 . 12/14/2009
Awesome story. A bit gruesome and sad, but awesome. lol. And I really like the way you tied it together with the ending. Yes, it's open-ended, in some ways, but only in the way all good horrors are. ;) Anyway, overall, I think this is one of the highest quality stories I've seen on FP.

Okay, I'll stop raving now (since I hate not having anything constructive to say).
abbsi chapter 17 . 12/14/2009
Two quick editing notes:

One- the explanation for interpreting the poems and note was confusing. I couldn't make sense of it, though, part of that may be formatting issues with posting on FictionPress.

Two- you wrote something about light the candle omitted, perhaps you meant emitted, instead?
abbsi chapter 2 . 12/14/2009
I meant to put this in last chapter, but it's still true. I love your imagery. :)

Some of your descriptions are pure poetry. :)
Icyfire4w5 chapter 25 . 11/18/2009
My heart is beating so rapidly now. I've been dreadfully woried about Siobhan's fate. I'm happy that she has survived, but then, the school must have left her with quite a lot of painful memories.
528 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »