Reviews for The Eater
take me somewhere nice chapter 1 . 12/29/2008
I enjoyed this piece. Favorite verses were the last two.

And I recognized something of a reference to Counting Crows too: Wick-thin and wax-white, Coffee black and egg white. :)

Anyways, I wrote a poem similar to the theme presented here; it's called "My Dear Ana" Hope you'll read it, maybe, possibly...feedback would be extremely appreciated since you seem to be a coherent and competent writer. AND you're not just some young kid who thinks writing "is cool" and does it to get noticed and then leaves the art like it is a trend.

Anyways, I hope to hear back from you.
sporkofdoom chapter 1 . 12/1/2006
"she is/wick-thin and/wax-white, burning/without a light, so

/being pretty must suffice"

Wow.

Words cannot do this justice.

"I want her to be in pain."

I love this to death.

Your metaphors are so beautiful.
MuffinQueen chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
I have to say, I have never read a poem about anorexia that was worthwhile, until now. You get across your message without cliches or forcing anything on the reader. It's simple and elegant, and thank you for sharing it.
sylvia's syndrome chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
This is elegant, delicate, beautiful, and disturbing all at once. I loved every word of this, and I’m adding it to my favorites. Keep up the amazing work.
an-angel-in-hell chapter 1 . 3/4/2006
Wow... very good. Very deep, very elegant.
disabled account chapter 1 . 2/7/2006
I love how the idea is described in such a way that it casts a kind of individual glow over anorexia, detecting in it a fine, almost indistinguishable brand of Quiet grace. *accolades* Beautiful work.
AboveTheSalt chapter 1 . 2/6/2006
this is remarkably beautiful. it brought tears to my eyes, the first three stanzas especially. you truly have an exceptional way with words. thank you.
Kelpylion chapter 1 . 1/8/2006
God, this makes me want to scream...you pull off the sadism-or is it envy?-well with the admiring but sickening imagery and that haunting, delicate voice. The disease isn't glorified here, but it's still taken seriously, which is much appreciated. wow.
beti213 chapter 1 . 12/20/2005
so many images here... so well painted, all of them-especially the one about her eyes. yes this is alarming, but it's also brilliant *applauds*
Nobody-n-Particular chapter 1 . 12/16/2005
Dripping with rich, sensual diction. Love it.
classic violet chapter 1 . 11/7/2005
Powerful, superb, and amazingly well done. This poems is something to be cherished.
Lines To Time chapter 1 . 10/28/2005
God, that was powerful. I was holding my breath by the end. I love all your imagery- if I tried to list all my favorite lines I'd end up copy-and-pasting the entire poem. This is a delicate, intricate topic and I'm glad you chose an original and emotional approach. Really, really great job.
starbyrd chapter 1 . 10/27/2005
powerful. beautiful.
Aslan Israel chapter 1 . 10/25/2005
Talk about intense. But I love it all the more.
not sure yet chapter 1 . 10/23/2005
i love love love love the line cannabalism of the mind is beauty,just an incredible line of poetry right there, muchly effective little piece too, the piano keys image was particularly sweet as well, muchly enjoyable, excellent job