Reviews for Can you help me?
Aurora Barrett chapter 1 . 3/30/2006
Wow... I think many many people can relate to this, girls in particular. I've been told I'm beautiful, but I laugh inside at their humor when the words are uttered from their lips...

the repetition of "i throw up" adds so much emphasis on how you're truly feeling... Very well written.

}i{ Aurora }i{
poet tree chapter 1 . 3/11/2006
The repetition of "i throw up" is very nice. It makes it seem like this girl is so upset with herself and so obsessed with "perfection" she throws up to make herself feel beautiful. Very fact, I think you gave me an idea for my story. Thanks!
Lifeless China Doll chapter 1 . 2/1/2006
wow, that was so cool.
cornered.sensations chapter 1 . 1/2/2006
you certainly captured the feeling just right, good job
acrobia chapter 1 . 12/25/2005
Hum, and interesting and strong poem. The opposite descriptions give the piece a sort of wave like structure, it goes back and forth, and the way you repeat "I throw up" also conveys that rhymth - which really suits the piece. The tone is great as well, calm and perhaps melanchoic at parts and yet very rash and harsh at others, it is also a play on opposites that marks this piece well. Keep up the good work!xo - Laura
rewind regrets chapter 1 . 10/25/2005
love how deep the poem is , not outdone like most try to do.
rawrmundo chapter 1 . 10/23/2005
i think that the girl was saying that everyone was telling her that she needs to be perfect, she needs to beautiful, she needs to be everything that they want her to be. but as she looks into the mirror (the afore mentioned 'window of which tells no lies') she doesnt see the thing that she should. she doesnt see anything near perfect. she doesnt feel beautiful. shes feels sick and she throws up. why isnt she beautiful? she feels she cant find the perfect girl people want her to be ('i seem to have lost someone today')shes belumic isnt she, elle baby?
AgainstAllOdds chapter 1 . 10/23/2005
First off thanx for the review.. it made me laugh, well the first one did the second made me think. THANX. Now on to this poem. Truthfully, i don't get it. Like i get two things from it but i'm not even sure if i'm remotely close. It was good though just slightly open-ended... unless, was that the idea all along?
blackoutroses chapter 1 . 10/23/2005
wow that was unusual- i felt what you were feeling yet somehow there was the detachment described in your words. Interestingly done!
stuck here waiting chapter 1 . 10/23/2005
No...This is good, imagery of depression and deep and ominous wrong is very prevelant. Your really deep, I like that, would you review some of my poems? Thanx...

- SHW