Reviews for Love Lost
theory of black chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
This is so true and for someone who has been in that same position, this haiku could be both humorous (depending on how lighthearted the relationship was) and something that brings up so much pain. Either way, it's relatable.

It also reminds me of this one t-shirt that I saw a little while ago. It had a quote on it that said "Reality is an illusion." But I wasn't close enough to the guy to see who said it. However, I still liked it.

For this being you first haiku, it's extremely well put together and it flows. It isn't choppy or distracting... it's perfect for the subject.
The Breakdancing Ninja chapter 1 . 6/23/2006
The Breakdancing Ninja gives this a 4 out of 5.

I tried to think about the image a bit, but I have a hard time relating "illusion" to "wind" for some reason. I think it's because when I think of "illusion", I think of a mirage, a funhouse mirror, or the rainbows in oil puddles. "Faded wind" reminds me of love that's lost air, or love without substance. Something that was fleeting, feeble, weak. Accordingly, wind could also have a very powerful effect that validates the idea of love. This is embarrassing, but I don't know if you've ever read or heard a Walk to Remember. I had to read and watch it, I thought it was the best way to relate to my ex, but Jamie Sullivan says this corny line in the movie about saying: "It's like wind, I can feel it even if I can't see it."

The haiku itself has a very bitter and elusive quality, I guess wind is pretty bitter and false, it whispers and mocks the windows, it presents an illusion of something tangible, yet you could never hold it...

Alright. now I'm all sad. rofl.

It was pretty cool getting a chance to read your haikus. I enjoyed them.

Maybe you could drop by and read a chapter of my story- surprisingly, my story's chapters are real short- ranigng anywhere from 200 words to 500 words. And in prose, 200 words is nothing. You might enjoy it, even though the language is a little foul.

Contact me via e-mail if you have any questions or comments or: "No, Ninja. I don't agree. I think Chrono Cross totally sucked balls compared to Chrono Trigger!" And if you do e-mail me, let me know if you like Secret of Mana and Secret of Evermore, and Final Fantasy VI/I, and IV.

Otherwise, rock on, Diorama.
x.Insanely Serene.x chapter 1 . 5/23/2006
I like! It's perfect for me...

Love ya lots,~*Serenity*~
Amethyst Horizon chapter 1 . 5/15/2006
wow. i really like this- i'm not good at haikus (i've only written one), but you are good at it. great job and thanks for the reviews!
Disturbing Enigma chapter 1 . 2/8/2006
WOW... I could have written this... I can so relate to it right about now... amazing... great job...
Talhiri Serrano chapter 1 . 1/19/2006
Very short but straight to the point and nicely done
Random-Idiocity chapter 1 . 11/15/2005
Amazing, this was excellent..Keep up the good work
Seeker of the Way chapter 1 . 10/26/2005
yeah ... this breathes.

helps me to breathe, two months since I made her break up with me, and I miss her. I SHOULDN'T for so many reasons, but the beauty she did have won't pry its teeth out of my skin.

Damn me, I forgot to add a return address to my heart when I gave it to her #_#

attachments are bad, my friend. Love is not about control. It is about balance.

Damn me for being different x.x
McQuinn chapter 1 . 10/25/2005
This is great for your first haiku. You get a keen sense of melancholy from this. I personally think that "fading" would have been better than "faded," but I'm not great witih haiku rules. Anyway, great job. I really enjoyed this.
Dave500 chapter 1 . 10/25/2005
thank you for reviewing my work. I wrie because i like to write but it helps to get reviews. you have a good haiku here
Babi Vinni chapter 1 . 10/24/2005
wow..honestly i'm not one to like haiku's but this one, i really do like

great job
Eric Lupin chapter 1 . 10/24/2005
I love the feel that this haiku creates; this can't be your first, surely? It's brilliant, and, well, brilliant! There's not much to say about haikus... I guess that I just want to say that I think this is beautiful!
Elizabeth Ebony chapter 1 . 10/24/2005
first? its lovely for a first true,i think.