Reviews for Nude
Saber of shadow chapter 1 . 10/26/2005
Thank you very much for your reviews of my songs!This poem is not exactly easy to understand(It took me three minutes to register and others took me one) but the imagery is way cool
Spootasia Tomoe chapter 1 . 10/26/2005
really beautiful. the divisions of your lines, once again, are awesomely done, putting emphasis on words one might not have thought to take a closer look at otherwise.

the imagery is wonderful and i love the bits you put in parenthesis or dashes on either side of, how you don't just speak through the words of the poem but every aspect of it

the theme of purple is awesome, especially all the connotation of it, like bruises, light romance, wisdom or magic.

i do happen to recall seeing a shirt proclaiming 'god is purple,' once, as well, so...

the message isn't obscenely clear, but that just makes the poem better. it makes you work to apply it to your own life and assign it a meaning of your own.

congrats on another beautiful poem. it was sad and yet comforting all at once and oh so lovely.

-spootasia
mememe chapter 1 . 10/26/2005
This sucked. You are so bad.
Atlis chapter 1 . 10/26/2005
Heretic! May you suffer the wrath of an angry God for spreading such lies! Haha, just kidding. Awesome poem. Very fearless.
in theory chapter 1 . 10/26/2005
Once again you capture everything so neatly in your monosyllabic lines, really beautiful. Btw, thanks for your last review [made me giggle, for some reason]..I'm trying to keep up with updating regularly, but PCs crashed recently and I gots oodles of essays I was meant to finish, so yeah...production has slowed lol. But yeah, anyways..back to the poem..the title is simply stunning, in every sense of the meaning. There's such a delicate personal offering in this too, it's almost vulnerability behind or in front [whichever], of a strong and bold mind. Nice combination, as always. Jack :)
mizu no kokoro chapter 1 . 10/25/2005
wow, profound... brilliant... awesome work

keep writing!
backseats on thursdays chapter 1 . 10/25/2005
okay, I LOVED it!but...one question:What is the 'Space Needle'?
Evaa Moffat chapter 1 . 10/25/2005
great work. i really don't know what else to say. its a beautiful piece with equisite imagery and description. if flows very nicely. the last line is particularily powerful. keep up the great work.

evaa
WiredWords chapter 1 . 10/25/2005
I'm not sure what impressed me most about your poem. I had to read it twice to get an idea about the meaning. I really thought the formatting you chose was suitable. The line:I want a love so tender/that it bleeds/for me. is achingly beautiful. And I really thought the sudden harsh imagery of kitten heels and ciggarettes was an interesting and good touch.

nicely done. Thank you for reviewing my work.
Fabian Cortez chapter 1 . 10/25/2005
That feeling.. You have described an emotion almost indescribable and you've done it perfectly.

Very Well Done

KEEP WRITING!

F.C
HellHeartedlyBent chapter 1 . 10/25/2005
gorgeous. loved the ending and the part *we were nude before each other just like before God* or something like that.

I’m nude in the midnight

blue

of you

and

I guess that I like it that way;

that was pretty. very well constructed. a bit on the long side but still very nice.
sunday night sky chapter 1 . 10/25/2005
omg this is such a powerful poem. its really beautiful and touching... great job
Faerylights chapter 1 . 10/24/2005
Good-nice repetition
ninjavsself chapter 1 . 10/24/2005
I really liked your sentence structure in this one. Another fantastic poem but though I really liked your sentence structure of the poem for the most part those one word ones kind of made it feel all it was excellent.
catseyeview chapter 1 . 10/24/2005
the last two lines really got to me...so true that this happens and its a sad consolation that remains in the arms of this.
37 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »