Reviews for Telling You About the First Autumn Breeze
viennacantabile chapter 1 . 11/4/2007
oh, goshdarnit. i've tried so hard to come up with a poem that shows how i feel about autumn and october in particular, and now i find that you did it two years ago. curses! XD
Werelynx chapter 1 . 6/14/2006
I really like this poem, too. I enjoyed the imagery, and the analogy of a robin to a "red winged temptress" was, well, poetry!

Keep up the good work!
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 2/19/2006
Favorite line: "Your lips were tart and parted." I love the internal rhyme. And the image is great. All your images are fantastic. Keep writing! :)
Salieri chapter 1 . 12/30/2005
Wow. I am floored by your poetry. It should be served on fine crystal and savored, like chocolate. The words you choose are so crazily beautiful. Ho do you come up with something like "piquant pumpkin kisses"? Or "syrupy commas"? How do you think of stringing those two words together, creating a picture as fresh and sharp as the autumn air? I'm not writing very clearly, I'm afraid, but I just wanted to tell you that you are brilliant. Thank you for writing and for sharing.
the big sleep chapter 1 . 12/17/2005
It really freaks me out how much I dig your stuff. You write beautifully.

The title of this one caught me right away. The best line, I think, is "Petals on the breeze (carrying spicy letters,syrupy commas, the first day truly autumn)."

It was so powerful. Hit me really hard. Syrupy commas. Never could think of that. I've done "syrupy lips," "syrupy eyes," (which wasn't one of my finer points in writing career), but syrupy commas just struck me.

You. Go. Girl.
youzi chapter 1 . 11/1/2005
very rich and lush imagery throughout such as "carrying spicy letters,syrupy commas" and also the nice lilting rhythm in "piquant pumpkin kisses"..nice work :D
Lines To Time chapter 1 . 10/25/2005
Aw! I love how I always get such a mood out of what you write; this one is perfect with that. The sort of sweet, slightly shy happiness the narrator is feeling, and the way she (I assume it's a she) wants to express it and hopes the other person feels the same- I love how clearly that comes across. You are a genius, m'dear. You should write so much more often.
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 10/24/2005
Such a beautiful mood; you capture that sensation of autumn when your all bundeled up in a coat but it does no good because your cheeks are turning red from need of something. "Pumpkind kisses, when we stopped flickering" wonderful piece.

Much love,Juliet.