Reviews for My Cousin the King
schoeppc chapter 14 . 10/29/2010
Wonderful story! You really did an amazing job.
Beth chapter 14 . 9/6/2010
This is an absolutely lovely story. You should be very proud of yourself. Thank you so much for posting it; it made my day! :)

Did that other story you mentioned ever get posted?
bubublacz chapter 14 . 6/17/2010
Well, that was short, but still sweet. Felt like saying, "Oh? That was it?" Although, Lucia's character seem to be off not at this chapter but the other. I think it was at the part where she was giggling gave me a shock. I didn't know that she was the giggling type-a-girl. Anyway, would love to see more of Merrick! Go Merrick! Although, I do like the pairing of Edmund and Lucia. Didn't think that Lucia was "helpless" wife (with the scene of waiting for him and such, although I understand it would be lonely for her there). I thought that she was fine. Good story, though. Good. Good.
bubublacz chapter 11 . 6/17/2010
Whenever I read stories, I make sure that the POV is done by just one person. I find it annoying that a different person speaks here and then later on a different one, but I have to tell you that I really like your story. Not only do I enjoy its plot, I also await for the POV of Merrick and/or Lucia.

Too bad though that she's not for Merrick, I do hope to hear from him soon, again. Good that Merrick's not blinded by his admiration and because of that I admire/have respect for him more!
bubublacz chapter 4 . 6/17/2010
Oh god! This is so "sadya!" It means exciting in my language! I just love the flow of this story so much that me expressing my feelings in my own language just means that it's so overwhelming that I have to make use of it to show that I truly mean what I mean! I get so breathless when I read it that my heart palpitates waiting for the news and such! This is so good! Very, very good!
Eloin chapter 13 . 11/6/2009
Very sweet chapter; obviously Edmund is trying hard to win over his wife. He is going at it well! :-)

But I must say that it really is not realistic to have her succumb to him so quickly after his raping her repeatedly, causing her much pain and mental distress. No matter if she chose her fate, sexual and physical abuse is not something that can be got over lightly and quickly... even though some victims do fall in love with their abusers, it is rare and is usually a psychological reaction to the abuse, in other words, a mental disorder caused by the horrors they have gone through.

I think it's a lovely tale and a great idea, but I would realistically give Lucia at least a year before he would even approach her with anything like sexual appetite... sorry, I know it's not easy to fit something like that into a story's timeline, but if you use something like that (repeated rape and other abuse) in a story, I feel it's important to be honest about what really happens to the victims. You're not. The danger of such stories is that readers may imagine what you portray to be the truth and (I know it's improbable...) act on this belief.

Right. I hope you don't mind getting an honest response, but if you really want to write a good, believable story, edit it and make Edmund work harder to gain Lucia's trust! You might want to research the impacts of rape on a woman's mental and emotional health, too.

I have an account on under the same name, like you, so if you have any response to make, I'd be pleased to read it.

Warm regards,

Eloin
The Neurotic Notebook chapter 14 . 7/6/2009
I absolutely love this story. I wish there could have been an epilogue or something though. Please please PLEASE continue writing - I'd love to read the sequel if you ever wrote one.
Penwielder chapter 14 . 5/31/2008
I can't believe I haven't read this yet! All those Eomer/Lothiriel stories I'm addicted to and the best of them all has been here since 2005! Great story. Edmund, hated him then I wanted to jump him. :) BTW my fanfic name is Shana, I've hounded you for updates on just about every story you've done. Lol! As always, your stories come alive and bring me into each scene.
Tracey chapter 3 . 11/7/2007
Well, obviously your message made this possible. ;)

I remember reading this not long after you posted it and despairing just as much at the loss of Rion and at the situation she and Galant are in. It's amazing how well you can hold off grieving when faced with what must be done.

Anyway, thanks again for helping me out. This story in particular really pulls on the emotions, and that makes you stand out from many of the other authors on this site and and around.
euphorictragedy chapter 14 . 7/17/2006
Wow... that ended rather abruptly. However, I guess I'm not sure where it could've gone. I would have liked to have read about her having the child and seeing that it truly was a boy. Oh well. I really enjoyed the story though I'll check out any other stories that you post.
eyes of sky chapter 14 . 6/12/2006
shame for merrick but a triumph for everyone else involved! i cannot wait for the sequel, this was a believable and lovely story :)
eyes of sky chapter 5 . 6/11/2006
now THAT was harsh...i suppose it was the custom in medieval times or whenever it is. i forsee some conflict between merrick and edmund though!
eyes of sky chapter 3 . 6/11/2006
idiotic man! just a shame that her brother had to die as a result of her father's pride. good characterisation :)
a reader chapter 14 . 5/23/2006
I just wanted to say that i loved your story, i think you write very well and you should keep writing.
Michelle Habibi chapter 14 . 3/13/2006
i love this story! it is the first time i've read anything on fictionpress and i am glad i did! i clicked on the link in your fanfiction profile and this is how i got here! and i already registered to this site so i can read more!

-Michelle Habibi