Reviews for Tarnished Gold
Whitestorm Magi chapter 1 . 12/6/2005
Don't worry, our characters have flaws. And the "ancient evil" truly has no part in this story.
CabbyHat chapter 8 . 12/3/2005
Well, if you're tired, get some sleep, for crying out loud. You've updated so regularly for such a long time, I don't think any of us would begrudge you a short break.

Poor Mr. Squishy...
Casey Drake chapter 8 . 12/2/2005
Something links these memories, I'm sure... but the only person who came near him in the time-frame for Noxiom poisoning was... ooh shaeli...

if I'm right, you get a Strangle-Worthy Villain award.

Shadowhound chapter 8 . 12/2/2005
i can't help but wonder why the priests would be closed minded about T'alnoth. he may be bronze, but he is still the heir to the throne. if they make him mad now, what are his reactions likely to be in the future towards the clergy?this is very well done, and i like how you show T'alnoth's youth through memories.
Shadowhound chapter 7 . 11/27/2005
nice cliffhanger. this chapter is well done, a few typos, but not much to say about it. my compliments to you, and i hope that you update soon.
Casey Drake chapter 6 . 11/22/2005
straange, but cool. the tree is the entire race of Dragonkin, i figured out that much, but WHAT is going ON?

CabbyHat chapter 6 . 11/22/2005
Ooh... bitter, much? But you can't really blame him.

I wonder if T'alnoth might find himself drawn towards his mother's side of the family. They say children from broken homes often go bad... does it apply to dragonkin, too, I wonder.
Shadowhound chapter 6 . 11/22/2005
interesting. i like how you built up several chapters before T'alnoth's explosion. It really added to it. i don't really understand the vision. i understand the tree, but what happened? did T'alnoth fall asleep or something? try to be a little clear on that next chapter.
Casey Drake chapter 5 . 11/18/2005
hm. what doesn't T'alnoth know about his father, hmm? and WHY isn't Wyrm'thalak... resting?

Shadowhound chapter 5 . 11/17/2005
nice chapter. i like your descriptions and use of words. it gets kind of tiring when people make simple mistakes over and over again until it becomes part of their story, but your work seems mostly devoid of that. took me a few minutes to figure out what the smith was saying, but it was pretty good. update soon please.
Shadowhound chapter 4 . 11/7/2005
very nice. you do an excellent job of portraying T'alnoth's emotions. i like your descriptions of L'zul and Iryane. by the way, you have a repeated line when T'alnoth is wondering how old L'zul is. Great story, update soon please.
Alzemu chapter 1 . 11/6/2005
i love the gentle humor in this story but...when u said that the gods did something to pass over time, wasn't time none0existent at that moment?

the prologue was interesting at first but as i read on i have to admit that i was getting bored...

the mood was basically quite light and did not help at all for me to get sucked in to the story...i'd do better with pathway of Darkness...why don't u tell me? which one do u honestly think is better? which piece are u proud of the most? and don't tell me both or i'll get real angry...
Yuval chapter 4 . 11/6/2005
Whoo! L'Zul! I am such a fangirl. Seeing characters I knew made my heart go warm and fuzzy, yay!

You know what I like about your description? You cater to all the senses. Most people only do sight and occasionally sound, but you also do smell and touch and taste - it makes your writing all that much richer, and I love that. I also like that you slot little bits of information into the main story, rather than using vast info-dumps to get your point across. There's few things I hate more than info-dumps, which is ironic considering they're my main method of transferring details; all the things I DO hate more than info-dumps I've probably mentioned in previous reviews.

Your use of first person impresses me. It's a hard sort of medium to write in, but you've got it nicely realistic, and it just gives that much more insight into a particular character. I like T'alnoth a lot because I know what he's thinking - and besides, his "voice" just appeals to me. XD

Anyway, I continue to be curious as to where this is going, and hence I will continue to read and review. The lack of cookies disappoints me, but I suppose that too much of a good thing can be a bad thing. Besides, I have real cookies, so it doesn't matter.

*runs off*

(Also, Kizukai apologises for his reluctance to die, and promises to more than make up for it later.)
CabbyHat chapter 4 . 11/5/2005
All right, I'm curious about something here. If werewolves don't age physically, wouldn't those born werewolves stay pups forever? Or do they just age until they're physically adults and then stop?

Good chapter. I did notice that you repeated one sentence, the one about not even the head lorekeeper knowing L'zul's true age.
Casey Drake chapter 4 . 11/5/2005
um, was the repeating of "Even the Head Lorekeeper didn’t know L’zul’s true age, yet he seemed no older than a scant twenty-odd Rounds for a human…" on purpose or accidental?

156 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 Next »