Reviews for Tarnished Gold
CD chapter 14 . 1/10/2006
freeaky. so THAT's who the golem is...

urgh. awful way to live. or, *ahem* "live".

Shadowhound chapter 14 . 1/10/2006
very nice. i like the history you give. the scene with T'alnoth in the sparring room with the practice dummy in summer, is that a flashback? ut seemed kind of odd to go from col dot hot so i'm assuming it is, but you constantly use the present tense. try to clarify that a bit more.

CabbyHat chapter 13 . 1/5/2006
I love the way you express T'alnoth's determination. Man, this guy just doesn't take anything lying down, does he?
Casey Drake chapter 13 . 1/3/2006
well, it's nice to know he's recovered enough to walk, if not without assistance. And is that glint the mechanical golem?

Shadowhound chapter 13 . 1/3/2006
very nice. i like the way you describe T'alnoth's efforts with the crutches. The onomatopoeias add to the story and make it more plausible.

the scene with the golem, i found it interesting the way you did that, but instead of asking "But machines don’t think or feel, do they?" i don't think that should be a question. i get what you are trying to do, but instead of saying that machines don't have feelings, try to get the reader to draw that conclusion from the descriptions you use, rather than you outright telling the readers.

Out of curiousity, what is the value of silver in Gratze to a dollar in the U.S.?

excellent story, i hope to exchange reviews with you soon.

Shadowhound chapter 12 . 12/30/2005
okay, i first want to compliment the way you show small signs of T'alnoth recovering, such as his words being a bit more coherent. the whole no one understanding him was...tiresome but necessary. i am happy i can almost fully understand what he is saying most of the time.

i like the way you tie in L'zul's family into the tale of Zyos. helps add depth to the story.

i have no problems with this chapter. you do a good job connecting things and leaving no unintentional holes. i particuallarly like the quotations you have heading each chapter. it helps give an insight towards Arkonian culture. i look forward to reading the next chapter.

Casey Drake chapter 12 . 12/27/2005
hm... again the Harddons are tied in. what is the significance? They seem to be everywhere there is a world-changing disaster at hand. Slaughtering Great Dragons? the return of Duffikus?

strange...

Shadowhound chapter 11 . 12/21/2005
very nice chapter, i particularly like the sublty powerful words used for the last line. i understand R'xxa's devotion to her son, and i like how you give her a break to go have some fun or do what ever. again good chapter, update soon. have a merry christmas.

Autumn Dance chapter 1 . 12/21/2005
Interesting...I was drawn to you by reading a review you left for someone- and you intruigued me. This is certainly different in a unusual and realistic way. You touch on creation, obviously, and being a Christian it facinates me how you have portrayed this. You have a twisted, but adulterated way of writing that has a serious and reserved quality... You are straight to the point and attentive. Alert but not too aware. See one of the things that has always facinated me about scientology is how many of the believers see the World. Many see it as an object- some as a story. Some as a simple existance. I can't put a finger on how this chapter views it. You have a wonderful Idea and it's refreshing to see it...And I like your review technique...I hope you keep it up and I will most probably be up all night thinking about this care, Autumn x
Casey Drake chapter 11 . 12/21/2005
should i trust this Romakhan?

knowing you, probably not.

Casey Drake chapter 10 . 12/17/2005
hmm... i was right then. it WAS... yeah.

Shadowhound chapter 10 . 12/14/2005
so H'ran is a type of grain? do the dragons grow it or do the werewolves? this chapter is pretty good. there are one or two typos, but other than that, no major problems. you don't really leave any plot holes in it. very good, update soon. by the way, study hard for exams or whatever oncoming things you have rushing towards you.

CabbyHat chapter 9 . 12/8/2005
Hm... wouldn't the Restorer be disappointed to discover that T'alnoth's recovery is due to the interference of his father. Hardly something you can market as a medicine.
Casey Drake chapter 9 . 12/8/2005
ah. so THAT's what happened. *nods* sweet.

I still think it's... yeah. So basically, he has the symptoms of a severe human stroke? Yeesh.

Shadowhound chapter 9 . 12/8/2005
good chapter i like the wierd noises T'alnoth makes. that scares me a bit, getting away from the diapers and going to is good. your description is excellent, and the emotions and excitement you portray are excellent. update soon please.
156 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 .. Last Next »