Reviews for Helianthus
Anjeni Windsinger chapter 1 . 4/14/2006
Hah, finally, I've read this. I kept coming back to it, thinking, next time I'll R&R... next time turns into months, and you know how it goes. SO, this is one remarkable poem you've got here. Thought-provoking lines all around, deep, intense, strong, somehow, and oh so beautiful. I admire what you've done here - your words are pure art. Great work!
mezzie chapter 1 . 1/3/2006
the line "fate is nothing but a little sunshine melting in the morning" is completely outstanding. "the only human beauty is in eyes that speak bittersweet truth" is also very very good. Despite the touches of sadness and hints that not all is true and beautiful, there is something about the voice here that seems marked with youthful hope and willingness to keep trying, an impression that is uplifting.

mezzie
Manuel Fajar chapter 1 . 12/28/2005
Mia, thank you for your thoughtful and kind words. Your insights are wonderful and it gives me great pleasure to know that you think about what you've read, manuel.

Where in Christendom is soul's real relic?

Does lost Holy Grail still shine effulgent?

What deed in our short life consoles our heart,-

That we have lived to fullest measure life?

How do we reconcile dark energy,-

Composing most of what we cannot see?

All of our senses insufficiently,-

Proscribe geometries surrounding mind,

That incandescent fade upon day's dawn,

For in a misty dream we wandered late,

When moon up high illuminated clouds,

With lunacy and wishes mad for flight,

Releaving us of gravity's hard pull,

To take up life with illusion's delight,

To leave a few things better than we found,

By caring for that tender garden heart,

That trusted to us for short time we share.
Fae chapter 1 . 12/18/2005
Wow.. I was veyr shocked to see I hadn't reviewed this, because I distinctly remembre reading it as I loved it. This holds such beautiful lines.. every line could stand up on its own, they all hold so much meaning and amazing imagery and when you put them all together it creates this very powerful poem. I could see this being a song.. it'd be gorgeous. "Though I was never taught how to create anything but discord" I love that. AMAZING. And I am very sorry to see it's taken me two months to review this, when I KNOW I read it!
Cirien Phoenix chapter 1 . 12/2/2005
O... Nice descriptions. Yeah, I suck at describing things in such elaborate detail. I'm jealous now. Haha. Seriously though, I love this. And the title is great cause it sounds significant and awesome (even if it means something so delicate as Sunflower). Great job!

Lady Cirien

P.S. Thanks for reviewing, but you don't have to feel obligated. It's all good. But regardless, thank you for the review on "Goat Man: Lord of the Capricorn."
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 11/9/2005
beautiful.. i like it a lot.. great job