Reviews for RAPE
kyri17 chapter 1 . 6/18/2010
well written. i like it
angie3838 chapter 1 . 12/7/2005
Again, you have a really good prompt here. I like how it's a teacher who raped the person, and then that person goes on to become a "teacher."

Having everything centered makes it hard to read. Also, why do you not capitalize the I's? Try playing around with punctuation. You seem to ramble a bit, and punctuation will help you roll in ideas and compress them. Poetry isn't just writing: it's language under pressure. You don't seem to have the pressure up high enough.

"the cost was so high," This is really vague. As well as the whole "oh no, not there!" Don't be afraid to go deep into descriptions of things. Especially with such a sensitive subject, go in for it! Don't just write about it, FEEL IT. It'll help the reader stay focused and interested in the poem.

Also: author's notes are really unprofessional. We don't need to know where you got your idea, or if you had to turn it in for a class. If we click on the title, we've read the summary and we want to read YOUR WORK, not your rambling. Try making your author's notes into the summary, if you can't seem to stop writing them. Most great writers don't have author's notes, because they've said all they wanted to say in their piece. I think that's where all of us want to get to, and it'll help if you learn to curb your explanations. Good luck.
Lipstick Stained Massacre chapter 1 . 10/27/2005
Wow...This is a rare topic. Very well done, I might add.
rose chapter 1 . 10/27/2005
very mature! interesting ending though... need to edit although i am sure you did but the computer is being stupid or something...