Reviews for The Definition of God
LurkerForever chapter 1 . 2/12/2006
Good work. I know their simple words but i relate to your 'babbles' as you say, and i agree with them.
Reviewer chapter 1 . 4/6/2004
This is an answer to Marron Son. Sorry, but I'm so mad at his response. You know why it's wrong to get an abortion when you're raped? Because you're bringing life to a child, your child! And you kill it. Americans say we're all equal. If we're all equal, why do we abort a child that's not even born yet? Even if it's not your boyfriend or husband's child, it's a child born from THEIR body, shouldn't that be cherished? If they don't care for a child that THEIR'S, they don't deserve to be called a mother. AND if you don't have money for a child, how can you have money for an abortion? How would a child be better off DEAD than living, even if they're not rich? If a parent works at a child's life, trying to make it better, than that's a REAL parent! That's what parents DO! You say the child would die. Shouldn't they be able to breath, to see the world, even if it's for a short while? It's against the law to murder, yet the Government murders the murderer. Shouldn't he/she be put in jail or something? Murdering a person's family member will cause pain and be more encouraging to other family members that they could just kill someone and die. They can escape if laws are so predictable. People KNOW how to cover their tracks; they're not stupid. Why should you have to die? THAT'S WHAT JAILS ARE FOR! And, I KNOW people won't change. But kill them? Everyday, in Iraq, people are already getting killed. OUR people. And here, we're killing OUR people, whether they're Asian, Spanish, or European, they're apart of what we call America. We fought for freedom, to let Britain let us go. The Continental Congress and the colonies fought for peace, they fought for OUR country. Yet, we still kill people. I KNOW I'm not Christian. I'm a Buddhist! But use your common sense! If it's against laws to say "in God we trust" why have we said for so long? It's only been executed LAST year. I've been saying it since KINDERGARDEN! And no one, has ever said it was against laws. Your "mathematical" problem : so when one person murders another and the POLICE or GOVERNEMENT kills him/her, they're not in trouble? So, they get to kill yet when another kills, they're murdered by the Government. Hyprocrites! Okay, someone hits you and you them back HARDER, wouldn't you be more crap? Ignore them and if they keep hitting you, you CAN! If you automatically hit them, it's so messed up. 'Cause, think about it, they...ARGH! You just DON'T do that, okay? It's messed up logic! By killing the killer, you're killing ANOTHER American life. And, as I see it, that's a load of bull-S. Then again, you're so up in your ass to notice what's right in front of you, so...I wouldn't think you would understand what I'm talking about because of your naiive and oblivious to the truth attitude and your "I know everything" perspective. And I know I don't everything, if you were going to make a "cool" come back, so, buh-bye.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/20/2004
Oh. My. God. Caramia, you have been blessed by 've got this..this passion to write what you feel and I so love that! Use your talent, girl, or guy, and you'll succeed pretty far in this world. No matter what, you'll have a great life, in politics or in writing if you keep up your talent of fighting for what you think is right. And I respect that. Bravo, Caramia, bravo.
cramer chapter 1 . 10/3/2003
i can't even express how mad i am at marron son. It would take the longest review known to mankind, so i will spare you all from reading my outraged blabbering. Just one little fact - you start out at zero (mathwise). Only negative numbers can come from killing in the 1st place. The whole policy of death to punish death, reeks of hipocricy. Why would you punish a crime by using a form of punishment that in itself was the exact same thing as the crime itself? Any intentional form of death is WRONG. You can't deny it. It is wrong whether by an individual or the government. Murder, suicide... anything. Death only causes pain. One cannot cure pain by adding to it. Oh and marron son? Even someone so naiive and obviously stupid could understand this. Caramia Shallear Cessiyyes is definetly not as you describe her. This is one of the best arguments i've seen. Keep up the good work.
Keemew2 chapter 1 . 1/18/2003
Amen.
kitana chapter 1 . 7/30/2002
Bravo. No, I mean it. you make some excellent points, especially around abortion. What a sickening practice. There's no excuse. Even if a woman is raped, why should the child pay for it? An infant is sinless in the eyes of God. Now, I don't condone some of the measures of Pro-Life fanatics, but at least they have the right ideas, if not for their sometimes drastic demonstrations (which does nothing, by the way, except turn the Pro-Choice people into martyrs in the media's eyes).

I must say that this country can be so backward sometimes. I'm not happy with the Court's decision on the Pledge of Alliegiance, either. Is it not an infringement of my rights, as a Christian, to not be allowed to say "One nation, Under God"? If someone doesn't agree with that statement, then why not just not say it, instead of making sure no one else can, either?

If we're not careful, America will go by the way of the Romans.

~Ciao
Shishigami13 chapter 1 . 6/29/2002
Now, as it happens, I don't agree with most of what you have written here, but that is irrelevant - you are of course absolutely entitled to your own opinion. What I object to is the fact that you have posted this piece on - a place where people go to read STORIES. This is not a story. It is not even remotely entertaining to anyone who does not share your views. It is a rant, a debate piece, and I for one dislike encountering such things when I look for interesting tales to read.
Alexia Goddess chapter 1 . 2/4/2002
*blinks* *jaw is slack* *breath is irregular* wow... Hon, I don't know your age, your true name, or anything, but God has blessed you. He has blessed you with the gift of words, and the courage to stand up and post this. I applaud you, I honor you, and I pray that you will continue to hold dear your own words. God Bless you. -Alexia

P.S. DOWN WITH ABORTION! *growls*
softballgirl chapter 1 . 7/5/2001
This is in response to what you wrote on Marron Son's story. What kind of LOSER doesn't know how to spell LOSER. I found a lot of mistakes in what you wrote. What the hell were you thinking when you wrote that? Oh yeah, when you said that no one liked her stories-that is why there was a lot of good reviews about them? Why don't you just your mouth and don't say anything at all?
Marron Son chapter 1 . 4/7/2001
How can you say it's wrong to get an abortion if you're raped? The baby would have defected genes. And also you said that it's wrong to abort a baby because you don't have enough money for it. Did you ever think that the baby would be better off aborted? The child might die if there's not enough money to care for it, or the parent would die. You also said that it was against God to take someone's life if they've taken another's. Think about it - in the Bible it says to take an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. And if someone kills or rapes they deserve to die anyway because there's laws for a reason, if you break a serious one like that you die because-guess what?-you'll probably do it again! How many times have you heard of a man who commits a serious crime- murder, rape, child molesting- be let free in America? A lot, and what they'll do is probably the same thing again. I mean, you don't know what God is, do you? No, it's not possible to know that He is what you say he is anyway. I would guess you're not a Christian because you don't seem to know what you're talking about anyway what with God and think about - it's hypocritical of America to say "in God we trust" because, uh, that would be violating the religion thing, favoring Christianity over, say Buddhism, Jewish, and many other religions, any of which can probably sue for that! And actually it is mathmetical, a life for a life. Alright, take this into account: there's 2 people. 1 person kills the other. 2-11. You kill the person for killing another: 1-10. They're both in their graves, yes, but when you kill the killer you're avenging their murder in the first place. And when children are taught in school "two wrongs don't make a right" it's wrong, they shouldn't be teaching children what their parents should be. I was taught by my parents if someone hits you, hit them back harder - it's called self-defense which *is* legal. So by killing the killer, you ARE protecting life, because the killer could kill again, and you would be protecting future victims. But then again, I wouldn't expect someone as naiive and obviously stupid as you to understand that- why should I?
sam chapter 1 . 2/14/2001
well I cant say that I tottaly agree with you on all things. But I guess that my being an atheist in your mind discounts my oppinion... But whoever was the first reviewer was wrong about several points. The seperation of church and state was one of the most Major Religious acts the government ever made. The Christians were the people pushing for this law because they knew first hand what happens when a religion takes over the governments Be it the Anglicans (sp) or the Roman Catholics. And schools are not closed for religious hollidays. There is Winter Break Spring Break, And that is about all. And those Holidays are meant to allow people to exorciise their religious views without being hindered by school or work.

Sam
Valerian chapter 1 . 2/8/2001
Most of us would never touch this topic, but you did and you did it well. I made me think; hey, I'm still thinking.
SugarMagnolia chapter 1 . 2/8/2001
Powerful. I wish everyone felt this way. Run for president!
Moira Brennan chapter 1 . 2/7/2001
Wow. That was powerful... and so very true. Some interesting factoids you might enjoy: I've always found those that say any kind of prayer in schools should be prohibited are denying the fact that our federal government does so all the time! Every president (w/ only one possible exception) has taken the oath of office with his hand on the Bible, ending with the words "so help me God." The Supreme Court begins every proceeding with "God save the United States and this Honorable Court." Congress begins each session with a prayer from a hired chaplin. Both the executive and legislative branches have decreed national days of fasting and prayer. Public offices and public schools close in observance of religious holidays. Also by law, the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag affirms that we, are

"one nation under God." Congress would not even allow a comma to be placed

after the word "nation" in order to reflect the basic idea that ours is

a "nation founded on a belief in God." I know this information is correct because I did a whole bunch of research into this topic last year.