Reviews for The Brilliance of an Innocent
poonerdumass chapter 1 . 11/17/2005
Nice. I really like it. I mean, usually, I'd read stories or poetry, so when I saw it was an essay, my curiosity was piqued... and even though it didn't rhyme and wasn't written in iambic pentameter, it was still beautiful nonetheless for content. (I know that probably took the cake for corniest line ever, but I'm serious .) And... yeah... Well done. Now I kinda wanna write one.

(P.S: Thx for your reviews... and the personal anecdotes... . They didn't depress/hurt me at all... They made my day actually, just knowing somebody out therek nows my situation...)
Derek S chapter 1 . 11/17/2005
first i would like to say i used to know someone like this in middle school and he left during the middle of 8th grade and we dont really talk that much but when we do it always puts a smile on my face, second of all, I thought this was very well writen, i've never met this person, but almost feel like i met her
musicwriter2b chapter 1 . 11/16/2005
i really like the way you portry Emily here. your descriptions are open your essay with a brilliant sentance that makes the reader want to keep reading to know more. It is shorter than I thought it would be, and i wish it was longer, because this is soo good. It deserves to be published. I don't have one negative thing to say about this. I mean, i guess you could make it longer and maybe end the work with a sentance that would complete everything, but somehow, the way you have it seems just right for this piece of art. i liked how u used imagery and tone in this, and how you took someone you knew very well and made it so descriptive. you used some neat words too, it doesnt sound childish at all, which is a good thing. One of my favorite lines, although I absolutely loved the whole thing, was: when we met, my life shook as though hit by a meteorid, and although I'd scarcely noticed yet, she had begun to work her magic on me from the very second of the initial impact. I love your metaphors and similes in this, and how you incorporate it all into the initail idea of the essay. its awesome! keep up the good work, and i hope this does get published. it deserves to be!RKT
kamikaze watermelon chapter 1 . 11/2/2005
This is SO sweet! Extremely well written. The descriptions of your friend Emily are not just words; you make them come to life and have TRUE meaning. And the way you describe how she affected/affects your life...wow. I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about how much emotion and time you put into this three-dimensional painting of five-word:) here.

..*..torn between two possibly fatal attractions. One could ruin a good thing, the other could ruin a possibility that the first would explore..*..
sarah chapter 1 . 10/31/2005
reminds me almost EXACTLY of one of my friends. Isn't it amazing. for a while she freaked me out until i got used to her. incredible
gatha chapter 1 . 10/30/2005
ah yes, the insane friend. There really is no one better. Except maybe your (insert gender)friend, but they take you away from the weird people and strart trying to groom you into someone 'better'. So I repeat my second sentence hear to cancel out the last one. Stupid people with their stupid sex appeal. I will say this though on behalf of your friends everywhere: WELL EXCUSE ME!Comparing your friends to fish, honestly. Are you trying to say your friends should live underwater so you don't have to smell them? Is that it? Oh, wait, fishy friends. That means their suspicous right? Like, you walk in your room and see your friends there and after an uneasy silence someone yells "Surprise! Nice oboe playing yesterday!" Is it that kind of fishy? Because I've never met anyone who smelled so bad I'd exile them to the sea.I wonder if anyone actually caught a good friend. Seems unlikely since not many people are dumb enough to go for a gummy worm on a hook. Obviously when you take it off the hook you'll be hit with a cinder block and raised in captivity. And you'll get fixed. That's why I don't accept gummy worms.
randompoetry chapter 1 . 10/30/2005
I love it. You sound like you have an awesome best friend, and she does too. A wonderful essay.