Reviews for cancer
blue-eyes91 chapter 1 . 7/23/2006
haunting. this gave me the chills. many of my loved ones have had cancer. its terrible.
Nobody-n-Particular chapter 1 . 3/30/2006
Deeply saddening, but intricately described.
sarah1491 chapter 1 . 1/30/2006
Aww, it's so sad... :'(
the naked civil servant chapter 1 . 1/14/2006
well, it made me cry. that awkward surprised crying when you pretend you're only this way because you have a cold.
kayttea chapter 1 . 11/21/2005
aw, thats really sweet. to me the middle part seemed a bit rushed, but it could have just been the way i was reading it. i really loved the ending tho. i've often thought about what i would tell MY friends if i got cancer. so yeah... great poem.
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 11/11/2005
Wow, that is amazing. So heartbreaking. I can definitely relate to this, as my mom had cancer a few years ago. I love the verb 'smudging.' I think it's a great action verb. I also like the image of paper thin hands (works well with cancer imagery) and cold explanations pouring out of the girl's mouth. Just beautiful.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 11/6/2005
wow.. so sad and beautiful.. less abstract than your usual stuff, but still pwoerful
Aquafied chapter 1 . 11/5/2005
oh thats so heartbreaking kind of like a feelign close to i dont have cancer (thankfully).

waiting is the only second worst reality.

breakingly beautiful
Sarah-Brighteyes chapter 1 . 11/5/2005
This struck home dear citrus, a friend of mine in high school had cancer and he passed away a few months later.

It was one of the saddest experiences of my life, and this poem just... just wow.

Even though it was in a chicks POV... I took it as his for a few moments.

It was tragic and beautiful of course because your writing has great imagery. I Liked it alot.

Write on as LPC would say!
AboveTheSalt chapter 1 . 11/5/2005
this gave me chills. striking, so so sad. i love the way you put this together with only subtle observances, not harsh point-blank words. the plastic part was my personal favorite. i love the image i get from that. great poem, & glad you're back.
HauntedMisery chapter 1 . 11/4/2005
This is so sad :(
Aslan Israel chapter 1 . 11/2/2005
I know what it's like to be on the recieveing end of that... my mom's best friend has cancer, and it never really hit me until I saw her when she lost all her hair...

It's a horrible disease, but you wrote it well. Great job.
HellHeartedlyBent chapter 1 . 11/2/2005
wow. entrancing. very shocking and the ending floors me. good job. wow.
lackluster chapter 1 . 11/2/2005
"she had cancer."

i'm speechless.
Unready chapter 1 . 11/1/2005
superb. your enjambment of the lines makes the poem seem like it is set in a scenario where everything is coming too fast-perfect for this poem.