Reviews for Prayer
plummet chapter 1 . 2/14/2006
Thanks for reviewing. That poem of mine wasn't the best. Just a piece for V-Tine's Day, really.

However, I enjoyed your poem very much. Beautifully written... loved the theme. I think it's fine without the punctuation. Took a little bit of creative license, but hey? That's poetry for ya.
write25 chapter 1 . 12/18/2005
Interesting, painted a type of word picture in my mind. I liked it very much, it gives me much to think about. and i think the punctuation is fine the way it is. (im a demon with improper punctuation, if it looks good) Mariah
les petits bateaux chapter 1 . 12/16/2005
I don't think you need punctuation to make your poems complete. I never had any troubles reading punctuation-free poems. Anyways, an uplifting and very spirit-free piece. Great imagery, as always.
Wing Chant chapter 1 . 11/23/2005
Hey, I'm responding to your review for my poem called 'Teach Me How The Flame Glows." I was glad you thought it was melodious, I tip my hat to you (though, I have none) ;) Now on to the review:

I thought this poem was easy to interpret with or without the punctuation. People pay attention to the essence and craft in which the peom is written then the amount of gramemr used. o_o This entire poem just seemed to be illuminated with a beam of hope and faith. Excellente!

loserz. ;)
BellonaFlayreRiver chapter 1 . 11/14/2005
well, i usually use punctuation where i want to stress something. use punctuation to help understanding, yes, but use it where you think it important for the meaning of the poem. thats just my thoughts. i really liked the flow of your thoughts here. my favorite line is "a prayer of hope" mainly because it just sounds so depressingly hopeful. all in all, lovely.
destinee ariarti chapter 1 . 11/13/2005
very nice, very nice

this in particular "...faintly, amidst a sea of shadows,/locked in silent prayer..." is very striking

excellent piece, I enjoyed reading it.
catseyeview chapter 1 . 11/8/2005
and beauty sings with this...
S0ulSearching chapter 1 . 11/7/2005
*yay* I love it! Awsome job as usual...Keep it up _ Love the imagery and definitly know the feeling...highly original...keep writing _ -pammy-
SayIt'sWrong chapter 1 . 11/6/2005
This is so lovely, very touching and beautifully written. I don't agree about the punctuation thing, to me it's the words and the emotion that counts and you write beautifully anyway! QueenVixta
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 11/6/2005
i think punctuation is overrated personally, but hey.. she's the professional right? it seems though its a person choice & it depends on the poem

anyhow I like this a lot.. tis beautiful & uplifting
Aquafied chapter 1 . 11/5/2005
hm, i think the punctuation is fine, but then i again i am a horrible editor and such.

beautiful, as usual.

seems to drift away from the strongbox of the word me of all black nights.
Theory Of The 4th Dimension chapter 1 . 11/4/2005
That was very pretty and adorable in its charm. I appreciated the message of hope sent by the writer.

It doesn't really matter if you add punctuations or not, it really depends on your style of writing.
Sacred-Phoenix-Nephthys chapter 1 . 11/4/2005
Every poet has their own way of writing, ur teacher is right, but not entirely, what makes a poem personal and normally really good is that the writer has their own style, i liked this a lot and i dont think it needs 2 be re-done_
BJ Worth chapter 1 . 11/3/2005
beautiful poem, full of hope. I loved it. Also, I had no trouble understanding it with the punctuation the way it was.
sirskipsalot chapter 1 . 11/2/2005
I think your teacher is pretty correct, in the world of overall poetry at least. Just because when you read it aloud, it helps with the flow of it...get what I'm saying? Anywho, I like this because there are so many great lines that can be read individually. Like, locked in a silent prayer. That says so much by itself. Or, a feeling shines w/ fortitude.
38 | Page 1 .. Last Next »