Reviews for Behind the Act
Michel Donais chapter 1 . 11/3/2005
Well thanks for the reviews, so far I am very motivated to continue the story and try to get my 50K. Hopefully I will not make too many mistakes.

To answer questions, I am writing these in English directly, it'd be too long to write in French first. But obviously I still think in French when I write these, so sentences are a little odd sometimes.

Yep, setting in Denver ... well, was... is... anyways.

Please hit the grammar or else I'll always make the same mistakes. I am doing this to be better in English too ;)

Again, thanks everyone.
baditterbunnyqueen chapter 6 . 11/3/2005
Wow. That's just about all I can say. Wow. This totally astounded me, Sak. It just blew me away. I was a little lost at first, but once I got into the rhythm of your story, I couldn't believe it. It was so surrealist, yet totally plausible in the way you presented it. I just have to say it again. Wow.
Jessica Tudor chapter 3 . 11/2/2005
Hey Saka!

I like your start. Some of the sentences are structured a bit funny but that's irrelevant for nano. _ Did you write it in French originally?

Being a twenty-year-old college girl, I was intrigued to see your spin on it. I want to see where this is going! :) I like so far, and this third chapter? Woah. I like how it's edgy and somewhat surreal.
Aceandcups chapter 1 . 11/1/2005
Hurrah. Welcome to FP.

So, you have a great approach to the story. It happens in the past tense and it is a journal which is great.

The thing is "I would just wish I'd have a proper start emotionally to be able to concentrate on my courses." these type of sentences are a bit complicated. You are talking about events in the past tense, but you are also speaking to the journal as if it were a person, so you are describing. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it.

Setting in Denver, eh? Cough Cough...

Ok, see ya at entry number two.
Darwin chapter 2 . 11/1/2005
Heya Saka!

Back again, and again I am liking the format you have chosen to tell your tale.

EW...I had an experience like that on a Detachment, where my drunken room mate brought a guy home at two in the morning and were making it in the bathroom. I could have shot her! I was trying to sleep! Beyatch!

Darwin
Darwin chapter 1 . 11/1/2005
Heya Saka,

Great start to your NANO challenge! I'm impressed!

I like the way this is done, the rambling style of anyone trying to write train of thought, venting, and just trying to put feeling to paper. It definitely sounds like a teenage or young twenty something angsty girl!

You managed to get description of the character and a feel for the situation without infodumping on your audience.

I won't hit on grammar, I know Nano doesn't care about that, just how fast you can turn out your 50,0 words! If you decide to make this something more, let me know and I will get you a slice of Beta going on!

Great start! Again, well done!

Darwin