Reviews for Sincerely, Yours Truly remix
Guest chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
wonderful beyond words.
HelloBilby chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
i think it's good. Don't know why. It almost seems as though it has no substance to it, that nothing happened. Then you think about it and realise that heaps happened. It's written in a really simple way that makes it seem extremely complex.

And look at me, being all philosophical. :)
LRRH-708 chapter 1 . 8/19/2010
First i want to say that i hate you for making me cry, but that's a good thing because that means you are a good writer! And second i want to ask something: is y.t. a figment of Jamie's imagination? But i'm really being honest when i say that this is one of the best short stories i've ever read! Possible multi-chapter story based on this?
NotEnough chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
I have read this a couple of times now and it still confuses me. I think Y.T. coming back when Daniel buys the fish (because he misses and needs Y.T.?) kind of makes me think that Y.T. isn't necessarily real.

But then I feel silly for thinking that.

Confusion aside though, I still enjoyed reading it :)
PinkyWink chapter 1 . 12/26/2009
I love the story, but it makes me melancholy to see how someone can hold back so much of themself especially when someone cares so much for them. I guess you can't make anyone love you enough to stay with you, but why come back. Then again the little things that he does, like the lovely notes tells me he's trying to have the young man come to some realization. Maybe that Y.T. is being kept a secret from his mother and perhaps others and not being forthright about their relationship is breaking them apart to an extent. We would have to wait and see if one comes out to people he loves, and the other opens up about himself and what he feel about their relationship. Hope you get the job.
PinkyWink chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
There is nothing scarier than to not have stability in a relationship. If you don't know if someone is displeased with something in your relationship, but just endures; while leaving you random insightful notes everywhere, but never telling you what's wrong. I guess I don't like people who keep things inside, all the time. The story was wonderful and I love how you made Y.T. a mystery and Daniel wanting something to take care of and keep, like his fish, but Y.T. was always mysterious about everything including his name. I'm glad that they had a happy ending , for now. Le Sigh! Thanks You for sharing you excellent stories.
LittleMissAiLy chapter 1 . 1/10/2009
I don't remember where, but I saw a review in which this story was suggested and I gave it a try. I haven't read the original yet but I do intend upon it now. It's truly beautiful and I just can't quite grasp why. It is one of my favorite (very) short stories I have read. I really don't know what to say.

Y.T. is this beautifully enigmatic character, to the point that I can almost believe why other readers/reviewers believed he was all in the character's head. But at the same time, there is something there that I think speaks of human flaw as much as this profound wiseness. I personally want to believe (and actually do believe) he is very much real. There is something there, like a slight scratch on the surface or whisper or something, that tells me that Y.T. just has to be real. I don't know why.

This is going to the favorites for sure. And now I'm off to check your other writing.
chibi chapter 1 . 11/15/2008
Thank you!

I liked the original and the remix better because the addition clarified why YT left. I noticed that the ending "Y.T. is wearing the same striped scarf as four days ago." was not edited to match the addition. A month has elapsed, not four days.

Does YT stand for "Yours Truly"?
anonymous chapter 1 . 11/11/2008
I am not a good enough writer to give out any sort of helpful criticism, but I hope it's enough to say that someone read this and enjoyed it a lot.
hello chapter 1 . 4/26/2008
i have a very strange urge to cry.
Liviania chapter 1 . 12/17/2007
Very dream-like. I enjoy the story, although I can't figure out if Y.T. is real or not . . . I think I'll have to read this one again.

Livi
An Unwanted Accesory chapter 1 . 4/6/2006
...I am floored. This is the best story I have ever read. and I think I ever will read. I wish I could write 1/3rd as good as you do. you should make a collection of short storys. and I would buy it for 100 dollars. (if I had that much)Analeigh.
fbarlolken chapter 1 . 2/6/2006
As a rule, I already like most of your work. But for this one, I have to say that I thought the the original was better.

There is nothing negative to be said about the writing in either. There are so many things I loved about the theme of both stories. When I find the time, I promise I will write a another one of my shit reviews for the original.

Backtracking to the first thing I said - I can't put this into any lucid form of explanation, but I'm going to make a really misguided attempt. Just that the overall [i]feeling[/i] of the first was better? the embodiment? Ack, I give up. I don't know. I just think that this one employs a bit of a force feeding technique in rough contrast to the original and having obviously read the other... (I mean 'force feeding' not in a strictly negative attitude, but where the more concrete parts takes away from some of the enigmatic or bittersweet sense, and room for interpretation).

But seriously, what do I know? I haven't even graduated highschool yet. So I'm going to shut up now, and leave you alone. Maybe I completely missed the point. ::shrug::

Still, your writing is truly awe inspiring in places where the words are translucent to more than one possible implication. [For the lack of a better word, it's multifaceted].

OK, shutting up now. Bye, and thanks for reading this.
symbion chapter 1 . 11/24/2005
Man, I loved the first one, and I loved this verion, too. Both of them are so odd and enigmatic. I liked the first one because those qualities were really strong in it. This one is great because it's more fleshed out and concrete (though not enough to lose its mystery). Freaking adore it.
Liebe Sasa chapter 1 . 11/5/2005
I think it's beautiful. I liked the first version as well, but I do agree that this one flows a bit more, and is much less abrupt. Lovely.

Sasa