Reviews for The Red Carpet
PC chapter 25 . 10/28/2013
This story is worthy of a cheeseburger. Or perhaps a million cheeseburgers.

You made me cry. Pshaw. Lovely story. Thank you for the read! :)
Mr. Ree chapter 1 . 10/25/2013
Hey there! Your story has been added to the 'hate/love' category of A Drop of Romeo! Here's your review:

Ali Thinks: Not all relationships end well, Tiara Briar-Madden and Erik DuGrey's being one of them. After a good while of dating their freshman year, the two broke up when Erik moved to the other side of the country. It took a while for her to get over him, and now that she finally has a steady boyfriend (aka Erik's best friend) he comes back to town. Even worse, he wants her back and subtlety isn't something high on his priority list.

They have a pretty rocky past, which You Are So Last Summer shows through flashbacks. I know that some people are often put off by flashbacks (and though I'm not one of them) these are well placed. Since Tiara and Erik had a relationship, and hated each other before that, without the flashbacks, it would be so difficult to see where the two were coming from, and it was cute to see how their relationship developed through the years.

If I had to describe The Red Carpet in one word, it would be entertaining. There was always something happening, but not in a impossible to keep up way. Like in real life, there is never just one thing going on. There's the main concern, and a bunch of little things that drop in and out that we all pay a little bit of attention to. I think that's the best thing about this story, actually: it's set in high school, and it's realistic for its environment. The characters act like high schoolers and they think like them (I say this in the best way possible because I would usually be the first in line to complain about how people in high school generally suck.)

Hate/love can sometimes be hard to pull off. There's a fine line between it being overkill, wishy-washy, and just right. You Are So Last Summer saw this line and new exactly where to draw it, and the result is something I will definitely be reading again.
my princess ending chapter 25 . 10/19/2013
This story wasn't what I expected to be honest. I expected it to be a different; not about the famous life or anything related to it. Since it was in the section of hate/love, I definitely also didn't expect Tiara and Erik to ever have history. I know I kind of make it sound like it didn't reach my expectations but honestly, it met expectations that made me satisfied.

As said before, the characters came out a bit cliche but it doesn't matter because I ended up loving them. Tiara is a cold hearted bitch that doesn't brag about anything and that makes me happy. Erik is cool, calm, collected, and he sounds really hot. Haha, I just love all the characters; even Summer and Adrienne. I'm not sure how to feel about Bailey though. It's never okay to go after your friends' exes. It's just a given rule unless your friend is a slut and has dated the whole male population.

There were a few grammar errors but it's nothing big. The only problem I had was the line thing; where it would've been better if you had a line that goes through the page to signify that it's a new scene. Or maybe it just doesn't show on mobile.

Overall, I really liked The Red Carpet. I had to constantly remind myself that it's written ages ago so everything that was the hype then is ancient now. Haha, good work and congrats on passing 1k reviews!

my princess ending chapter 23 . 10/19/2013
Oh My Gosh noooo. You absolutely cannot make Erik chase after and try to win her over again. This can't be happening!

my princess ending chapter 19 . 10/18/2013
I somewhat expected Erik to at least ask Bailey out on a date or something so that it would create more drama and tear apart the friendship of Tiara and Bailey's. But there are about five chapters left and I'm dying for a happy ending.

my princess ending chapter 17 . 10/18/2013
My favorite flashback would be the one where Haley and Tiara met probably only because of the way Erik greeted Tiara. The whole whisper in the ear and kiss on the cheek just made me all warm inside.

my princess ending chapter 12 . 10/17/2013
The kissing booth scene was honestly a bit too cliche. But I enjoyed it because I like the chemistry between Erik and Tiara.
The way you describe Erik's personality is also quite cliche. It's kind of the typical calm guy personality. I would watch out for that but just because it's a bit cliche doesn't make me like him less. :)

my princess ending chapter 9 . 10/15/2013
I think what bugs me most is that I think Tiara doesn't deserve Erik. But it also irritates me because I know that Tiara and Erik belong together. It's just annoying how I'm torn between what to think and who I should ship together. It's been good so far though. :)

my princess ending chapter 7 . 10/14/2013
1k review. :) Congrats!

What I really like is how I can't predict anything. I know Tiara will start admitting that she likes Erik but I just know that's not all that's going to happen. I can't help but wonder what other problems will arrive. Also, I'm definitely excited for the flashback to when Erik and Tiara break up and their talk about him leaving boarding school. There will be a flashback right?

GAH chapter 25 . 10/14/2013
This has to be the third or fourth time I've read this story. I still love it to death. Congrats on almost 1000 reviews; you definitely deserve it :) I hope you still read these and are still writing, even if you haven't posted something in 6 years. Just know that people still love and read your stories, like little lonesome me :)
my princess ending chapter 3 . 10/13/2013
I hope it's not just me but I've noticed that Tiara is still a junior and she drinks. Unless you mean junior in college, I don't think she's old enough to drink or drive. But there's always those kids that break rules.

my princess ending chapter 2 . 10/13/2013
What captured my eye was "elite prep school" in your summary. I'm not sure if I really like the celebrity, LA package because it's too complicated for me. It's been a nice start. I don't know if I actually like Tiara yet but I'm trying to figure it out.

I think it'd be a lot cleaner if you added page breaks. I'm not sure if that's what they're called but it's a horizontal line that kind of marks the transformation from one scene to another. And, I think it's better to use italics instead of caps lock for emphasis.

princesshours chapter 1 . 5/30/2013
cute:))
Amazing Fuzzy Llamas chapter 25 . 4/25/2013
Awww...this is SO my all-time favorite! Love! D
Minkaos chapter 25 . 4/16/2013
I really enjoyed reading your story! One of my favourite things about Erik was that he didn't give up :) I liked how the two main characters managed to overcome their hurdles and grow close again. Erik and Tiara are truly adorable together.
1,008 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »