Reviews for My Mothers Womb
non.graceful chapter 1 . 4/29/2011
I'd yell at you for making me think about my mothers struggle and death with it but I liked the way you set that out. I really did.
catseyeview chapter 1 . 11/8/2005
oh, wonderfully done...going on my favs list! I love the metaphors, they are common but told and used in such a vivid and new way!
Asagao chapter 1 . 11/8/2005
this was touching. My mother is still going through cancer treatments... I won't be so bold as to say I know how you feel, but I have an idea.

this was well written. i adore the syntax, the flow. The vocabulary is simple, but for once it doesn't really detract from the poem.

keep writing, and I hope everything turns out alright. here's a feel-better donut - (o)
Sabrina chapter 1 . 11/5/2005
My this is interesting. I feel the same way. Sad, but wonderful.
a monday survivor chapter 1 . 11/3/2005
Wow. That's... cool. The ending was the best, and unlike most poetey it had a twist. Love it. :)
Something Wicked This Way Smells chapter 1 . 11/3/2005
In all honesty, it rings quite hollow. Ignoring ugly things like facts, the language is for the most part uninspiring. The message, as vapid and meaningless as it is, has all the subtlety of a two-by-four to the back of the head. I expect that kind of writing from, say, the creative team the brought the world Captain Planet and the Planeteers, not someone pursuing the art of writing for their own pleasure.

But, hey, to each there own. I'm off to goose-stepping for Chimpy McBushitler.
Gabriel Lyman chapter 1 . 11/3/2005
hey Crow,

I'm fairly new to fictionpress but i'd like to think i have an eye for talent. I love the work, and its vivid imagery involving Mother Earth is Beautiful. Keep writing!
LemonFlats chapter 1 . 11/3/2005
I really wish that people with power (namely, Mr Bush *coughs*) would realize this and set the nature crises at a higher priority than more short-term things like Iraq.

I didn't really like how this poem was sing-song-y, but you have a nice message and a rather unique way of looking at the problems we have.

Keep writing!
Ajna chapter 1 . 11/3/2005
It is so ironic how the thing that brought so much life is now taking hers away... I'm sorry to hear about this. Amazing poem.
pins and needles chapter 1 . 11/3/2005
"They are taking her bread

Her butter her wine her effort" - wicked imagery. the twist at the end hits you in the face, and makes you read it all over again .you did a good job, my best friend has cancer, but they caught it in time. lets hope more peole like you will help catch mother earths tumour in time.