Reviews for her dead laughter
randompoetry chapter 1 . 6/28/2006
hmm...regret. sadness. it all seems to mix, doesnt it? this made me cry. I miss my uncle. but he didnt have cancer. lovely job, wonderful wonderful painful painful.
notACTUALLYwriting chapter 1 . 12/25/2005
my friend's mom died of cancer when she was in first grade.

Best line was (she!was!the!one!)
in theory chapter 1 . 11/22/2005
i (WILL) miss her...I loved that formatting part, genius! Nice job on this E.E, it practically rocks with pain. I don't know if I should admit to enjoying it, but I undeniably did. Beautiful.
Forgotten password chapter 1 . 11/20/2005
Hey, i've forgotten my password -_-;

This is a very beautiful poem, and it is very artistic. It's very sad, but you still probably aren't satisfied with it. But its a beautiful poem. Sorry about your auntie.

*Jaime.
CarpeDiem28 chapter 1 . 11/12/2005
This is such a sad poem...wow, put i can feel how sad you are. THats the only word that i can say: sad.

Sorry i didnt review sooner and i REALLY appreciate your reviews! THey meant so much to me! Thanx!
beti213 chapter 1 . 11/11/2005
first off, phrases that I love: " no-one ever celebrates life after a death." and "now i pour out sympathy to the shadow behind her dead laughter," and also, I love pretty much everything you do with different punctuation, caps, spaces, commas, etc. it's so cool... the phrase "but a handful of ash she is now" is a little awkward. I understand that it fits into the rhythm but it's just strange-sounding.I also love how you kind of cut to the widower, how his sorrow mirrors your own... this is an amazing piece. bravo!
Ang-Dev chapter 1 . 11/10/2005
this is beautiful and heart wrenchingly sad. i'm not gonna go on about its poetic qualities...i just think that the emotions behind this r awesome and since we email a lot, i sorta feel closer to what ur saying. i know wot its like to lose somebody u love to cancer...i lost three people from my family to it and my granfather two years ago of something else. this is a beautiful peice and i wish u strength right now. i'm really sorry about ur aunty...u must hav loved her a lot.

u know...lots os people say that poetry is a way of healing so i can only encourage u to write about it and accept it. also, none of ur family knows me (obviously) but let them know i'm sorry too. i can never really know wot its like unless i'm in ur position but i'm not, and from wot i feel just reading this...i wish u luck. feel free 2 talk with me if u need to.

lots of luck from a friend (not just a reviewer) mez
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 11/9/2005
i like it.. the format is great and it's sad and beautiful.. thanks for your review
Plinky chapter 1 . 11/9/2005
I'm so sorry to hear about your auntie. I really am.

Beautiful piece of writing, it really is.

"And then I cred, i felt human & weak inside" beautiful expression.

Lovely symbolism at the end.

Absolutely beautiful, I can't do it justice in a review. Heartbreaking. Keep writing.
White Tea and Ginger chapter 1 . 11/8/2005
Uh...wow. This is actually much more artistic than you realize. Sometimes the way things come out on paper just shouldn't be edited, my dear. They're just better raw. Sometimes revising erases the things we meant to be there behind the pretty words.

My favorite line; 'no-one ever celebrates life after a death.'. Wow, what a thought.

Hillary
mizu no kokoro chapter 1 . 11/8/2005
i feel for this poem... very tragic... very powerful poem

keep writing!
poetic abortion chapter 1 . 11/7/2005
it breaks my heart into so many pieces. I recently lost my uncle Ralph, my grandmother and two years previously my aunt Mary; and this hurt just like then. it breaks my heart on so many different level. every line is like a cancer and just infects, I love it and hate it for so many reasons. . . . . gorgeous poem. gutwrenching, deep and powerful. by far one of your best.

* noelle
citrus scented chapter 1 . 11/7/2005
that last paragraph is just dauntingly vivid and gutwrneching. this actually in all honesty brought tears to my eyes, not least because the subject is one really close to my heart right now ( one of my best friends is fighting it at 16, in the middle of g.c.s.e's) but you literally paint it out so clearly its like a dazzerling piece of emotions. " g.u.i.l.t smells of murder&it stares me out,haunts me for"- powerful.

"&then i cried,i felt human & weak inside."- the human part is just so perfect.

"now i pour out sympathy to the shadow behind her dead laughter,"- this image captures the feeling so perfectly too.

"&he cries shocked little-boy sobs,for she was too young to die."haunting.
Elizabeth Love chapter 1 . 11/6/2005
i lost my aunt to cancer as well. i wish i had gotten the opportunity to be closer to her. but not it's too late and she'll never know. from the bottom of my heart, i am so sorry.
Smoky Bear chapter 1 . 11/5/2005
I'm a cynical soul at best, you know the type with cauterised tear ducts?

I must admit I welled up when I read this, the raw emotion is very powerful.

From a poet's standpoint I particularly liked the last stanza, and if you ever felt like you were up to it, i think you could make this an excellent poem.

xbearx

p.s I am very sorry for your loss. I hope sharing this with us will help you find solace. and you are right, we should celebrate life.