Reviews for The Parquet
tornangelwings chapter 15 . 2/26/2007
holy hell this is amazing yep that preatty much sums it all up
DuchessYappingDog chapter 14 . 8/25/2006
Big boo-boo:

But one question stands. I didn’t love Jessica. He claims to have loved me.

Yes, I don't think she loved her, and she is not a he.

Other than that, I'm having a good time reading the story so far. :D I read Selfish People last night, and I thought it was pretty good.
Kjersti chapter 15 . 8/15/2006
Great story. Maybe the plot's a bit silly, but it's written in a very realistic (and pessimistic, maybe) way that it's just a very good read. There's nothing wrong in writing about a "chubby" girl with insecurities. You write well, too. :)

I loved it. So there. You can moan about how silly and not-serious this story was, but I think it still was great. :)
whacked chapter 15 . 7/24/2006
i loved your adaption to the much coveted jane austen novel (personally i prefer Emma but that might be because i loved how we disected it back in high school. I have to say however, having read this story as well as Selfish people the characters for both stories, whilst unique in their own right seem to mirror each other. Maxim and Luke, Grace and Vicky are very alike characters. Both your main heroines are somewhat depressed, angry with the world, and not the prettiest flower whilst your leading men are both really pretty boys, rich and complete jerks. Your writing always leaves me on aww every time, so i hope you'll explore different characters as well...it would be tres interesting.
Midnight Owl chapter 15 . 6/26/2006
oh my. I read this story once through and I have to say you are the first author on this site to capture the essence of hurt. I think I saw it first in the very beginning when Maxim was insulting Grace's weight... and those very first words automatically made this story different from the millions of other stories here. In a stereotypical fictionpress world, the main character is ultrathin and way prettier than she imagines. And the male lead sees that. Somehow, you captured the honesty when you showed Maxim calling Grace "ugly". That whole scene at the party was hideous/beautiful and I could see a minor corelation with Pride and Prejudice. Obviously as I kept reading I noticed it, and I think what you've done is fabulous. Most people think that Mr. Darcy is always this amazing, beautiful, wonderful guy that Liz misunderstands and misjudges... but he's not. He's struggling, and you captured that in Maxim.

Wow. This was stunning... I like that every chapter didn't have to include Maxim or some romantic plot development. That's honest. This is honest. Keep writing.. I'm off to read your newer piece.
blurgh87 chapter 15 . 5/3/2006
loved it! you write so well. i'm really [pleasantly] surprised with your style. it seems so familiar but i know i've never read anything like it before. amazing.
Oh-are-ay-en-gee-ee chapter 15 . 4/3/2006
There are times when I think she gave in to early and there are times when I'm glad you kicked them together at the time you chose because if you'd dragged it out, then it may have become overly dramatised. Never the less, I did enjoy reading the story that you've posted. Your descriptions of her self doubt, depression and confusion were incredibly poetic at times and consistenly detailed. Regarding the time line/frame, I didn't think it was really necessary to explicitly state the events like you did in chapter fourteen. I found myself understanding your plot in it's entirety and truthfully, I was confused that other readers were confused despite not being familiar with the American education system and institutions. Anyway, good work! And thanks for sharing your stuff online! :)
chocolatemusic chapter 13 . 3/18/2006
I'm loving Max's Darcy moment here... Hopefully the P&P parallels don't end here.

Great story

cm
My Sweetheart the Drunk chapter 15 . 3/17/2006
YAY!
Midnight blues chapter 15 . 3/8/2006
Great read. Thanks! :)
sketchingaCYNiC chapter 15 . 3/2/2006
:]

i think cigerettes taste really bad. .

but.. the end was good. short and right to the point. haha. can't wait to see your next story~ _
BangBangYourDead chapter 3 . 3/1/2006
That was a sweet story. I loved it.
christina chapter 15 . 2/28/2006
amazing story. i've been on edge waiting to see what would happen from chapter one. i can't wait to see what you come up with in your next piece.
kjnhgtfrdefgh chapter 15 . 2/28/2006
That was beautiful. Well done dude.

- Celie
happyeverafter chapter 15 . 2/28/2006
Thank you for writing such a good story!
89 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »