Reviews for My Generation Version 2005
SilentlyRebellious chapter 1 . 1/18/2006
w.o.w. when i read your bio i thought i'd like you 'cause you agree with everything i do, but i didn't know i'd like you this much. rhyming and raw thought are such a powerful combination. wonderful work _ you should bask in your talent. again, wonderful wonderful wonderufl!
Tr APeze-sWiNGer chapter 1 . 12/30/2005
2005 was a crappy year. i like how you started out with worldly events and then narrowed it to personal experience, and then back out again. nice pop culture references. well done.
SinxWithxAxGrin chapter 1 . 12/17/2005
LOVE IT! Awesome! this is exactly how I see it! Wonderful! Keep it up!

UCL
Decollage chapter 1 . 12/10/2005
Current events in poetry... Better than long strung-out akward blocks of fact. Feeling, meaning, *reality* is here on this paper you've peppered with words. And I can't claim it as real for me, but it seems it should be real to you.

I blush when I review something so personal, forgive me.
Jo Madden chapter 1 . 12/2/2005
This is really good. Keep it up.

Gamista
LadyLuck chapter 1 . 11/28/2005
"Talk to Cindy"? Um, no offense, but didn't her son say that he wanted to fight for his country and that he knew the cost? She's exploiting her own son's death to get what she that, this pretty much sums up 2005. You're a good writer.
in theory chapter 1 . 11/18/2005
I don't know how I missed this one, but I found it eventually. Summarising always produces a feeling of finality and history to me, and I think it's good to represent a time period in a poem, it sews up loose ends I suppose. "Princess Katrina" is an especially surprising and striking line/phrase. Shalom, Jack.
Zigsz chapter 1 . 11/15/2005
That's Awesome... It really makes you think about what's happened in the past year. Sorry about the firefighter.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 11/15/2005
very true.. nice job
Maisha Mafuriko chapter 1 . 11/15/2005
Yes, so quickly this year is soon to be...history...

Your writing gives to me reminder of, What Truly has this year meant to me... how we each affected in various ways to life's happenings and how...so close in many events world-earth wise we become connected..and come to share understanding.

May 2006 ever find you faithful to writing Juliet!

Fabian Cortez chapter 1 . 11/14/2005
This is excellent work as always, so it probably gets boring hearing me say these things all the time. lol

(Only one tiny minor critique)The very ending albeit well written (which it definately is!) somehow seemed slightly off for me. I don't know why, it just felt slightly rushed. It's probably just me.

Needless to say this is still Aboslutely a worthy addition to your catalogue of works.

Very Well Done

KEEP WRITING!

F.C
account not in use chapter 1 . 11/14/2005
wow. it's all i can come up with.
Gilee7 chapter 1 . 11/13/2005
-after all, my greatest fear/is that one day you will go to far.- *too*

LOL. I absolutely love this poem. These are the ones I like best by you. Your little short ones are good, too. They're poignant and beautiful, but the poems like this one are just a totaly mind trip, and I LOVE them. I love your sense of humor.

-Come on Greenday, don’t let me be an “American Idiot!”/“American Hypocrite!”/“American: Who Gives A Shit?”- That was freaky to me because I was just listening to that CD. Those lines are freaking hilarious, too. Probably my personal favorites of the poem, although I could point out many more. Oh, and that "wake me up when July ends!" line, was that a twist on that Green Day song?

I found this poem so freaking hilarious. I love your clever and witty humor. The poem is dark and depressing in many ways because all of this stuff is true, and you make it incredibly personal, too, and yet you still make it laugh-out-loud hilarious at the same time, which is quite remarkable. I love all the pop culture references, too.

If I had to point out any negative, I think it would be the Britney Spears lines. Although I liked them and found them funny, they just seemed to go on a bit too long. She isn't that big of a deal anymore, so she doesn't belong in so many lines of this poem.

This is an amazingly excellent poem, though!

Write on!
randompoetry chapter 1 . 11/13/2005
Wow, what a wonderful poem.
Charl33t chapter 1 . 11/12/2005
Now, that's powerful. And god damn, I agree with every word. 'Couldn't have said it better. Keep it real, and thanks for the review.