Reviews for Setting You Free
Starfire17 chapter 2 . 8/2/2008
Wow, I'm not sure if this was meant to be a continuation of the other or if they're just on the same subject matter of setting someone free but the contrast was startling. The change of metaphor to a jockey and it's horse completely changes the whole tone of the poem even though you use similar lines such as talking about "a deadweight only serving to hold you back", "Without me you would soar", "because you think the end of me would be the end of you".

I am in awe of your ability to write two poems so similiar and yet with such different emotions attached to them. In this one the "jockey" does not have the guilt from the first poem whilst the horse is not as dependent as the other seemed to be in first poem as can be seen by the first stanza telling of the horse's focus on its goal. Also there is a stark difference between the first in which all ties seemed to be severed to the second where the "jockey" is cheering the horse on. I should probably stop here or I'll be rambling all night. Excellent, excellent work!
Starfire17 chapter 1 . 8/2/2008
This was excellent. Again the sheer emotion that your words convey is astounding. I particularly liked the fact that you placed "know" and "care" in brackets to show the truth. The paralell between the writer and King Midas also complements the meaning of the poem very well. I love all of this poem but i'd have to say the first and second last stanzas are my favourite.

One thing i wasn't sure of though is the flow of meaning between the second and third stanza's as "because" this person has "destroyed" the other they'll still continue on. I know it's not meant that way from reading the other stanza's but the link of "because" between the two disrupts the flow a little.

Overall good meaning, good structure and again excellent emotion. Very good job!
Mercyette chapter 1 . 6/4/2008
Here's another review for you oh great first place winner of the Review Marathon!

I thought the story in the poem itself was very interesting. In love poems, we typically read about the writer being hurt by someone they love, and it's refreshing to read it the other way around. I like the unique point of view. :)

Again, the only con crit I can give you isn't much...I'm not a poet, but I felt that the parenthesis you used in the poem were a bit distracting. Is it supposed to be like that for a reason? If not, I think that the poem would be just as good, if not better, without them. Just my thoughts...

Again, awesome poem!
Joey7691 chapter 2 . 1/23/2007
This is a great addition. I love the metaphor. Well done, really great.
dancingintherain chapter 1 . 11/25/2006
beautiful poem- it flowed together so well
A Face Worth Remembering chapter 1 . 11/9/2006
Not wonderful, but hot horrible. I like the clarity of the message, but the formatting isn't quite what some would ask for...

Hidden Lies chapter 2 . 10/27/2006
Interesting, sweet. I like the use of the horse as a metaphor. Awesome.
BlaCk-SeOul-FiRE chapter 1 . 7/5/2006
i loved this..and yea i am back!with a knew poem finally...i have not written much...but you said you could tell me how to get rid of the double spacing.. and it has officially annoyed in return for your help i thought i would read one of your poems and review in return to you helping me with the double spacing would be appreciated...thank you, if i have not before, for the reviews you have given me.

Joey7691 chapter 1 . 12/14/2005
This is great! A beautiful, painful, heartfelt poem. I really like it.
Needa S chapter 1 . 11/27/2005
The message is crisp and meaningful. Awesome job, keep'em coming. Thank ya for all your kind reviews. God Bless!Needa S.
Shy Cutie89 chapter 1 . 11/24/2005
that was incredibly bittersweet. i thought it was well written and the flow was pretty good as well. as always great poem.. its going to the faves! great job. have fun and keep writing!
Indigo-Andie chapter 1 . 11/21/2005
my god - its like hearing the other side's point of view...tho i've already thanked him... but that probably wasn't for the same reasons...beautiful ..i like the rhyming at the end, draws attention to it.
not sure yet chapter 1 . 11/21/2005
good flow, really like the king midas line, it's pretty sweet, whole thing feels like an emotional release, muchly nice
gnimrodd chapter 1 . 11/20/2005
i like this. fabulous job. "like king midas i destroy everything i touch" (crazy awesome line)
Sacred-Phoenix-Nephthys chapter 1 . 11/19/2005
Great once again...and about this Casey who-ever the loser is..i will email ya and tell her to leave u alone coz u dont no who she is, okies?Is that ok?If it isnt...put it in a review for a poem u havent reviewd of mine and i will get it..._

35 | Page 1 .. Last Next »