Reviews for Cats and Dogs
leavesfallingup chapter 15 . 11/17/2011
The first clue that all is not well: Nathan can't actually praise Amelia's intelligence nor any of her other qualities because he doesn't really see them... either that or (somewhere deep in his mind)he does not consider them worthy of praise. Her beauty has besotted him, and she is a sweet and wonderful young lady, but they might not be well-matched. He needs to be able to cherish everything about her.

She is right to be bothered, but he should also be concerned. Long before beauty fades, closeness will make a person become used to it. There has to be more.
leavesfallingup chapter 13 . 11/17/2011
Thanks to you, I will never be able to watch The Nutcracker with my wife again. Forever after this I will hear the innocent question "What's that in his tights?"

Squirrels are such pesky critters.

That has to be the funniest thing that I have ever read in Fictionnet.
Everguard chapter 16 . 3/29/2011
Chapter 16, and I'm fascinated with your story.

You are really good in expressing emotions, thoughts, and actions of the characters.

Thank you for making this story, I know I will love the rest of it.
Dustland chapter 30 . 5/9/2010
rah, finally :)
dustland chapter 3 . 5/9/2010
noo, i don't like Amelia. hahaha.

she seems shady?

I dunno.. maybe not...
FictionistaKarla chapter 1 . 3/13/2010
Great start!

Can't wait to see what else is in store for your Nathan.

Karla
flawedxu chapter 30 . 10/8/2008
I just finished this last night, but didnt have any time to review it till today. I just want to say, I absolutely love this story. It reminds me a lot of Eva Ibbotson books. And she is one of my favorite authors, so good job! This story was really great.
Elevened.in.History chapter 30 . 11/21/2007
Ok, I read the prequel and now this one...And gosh, the minute I read about Amelia, I hated her! I am so glad that it turned out this way. George is so much better for Nathan. He understands her and vise versa...it's just too cute.
Itineris chapter 2 . 8/15/2007
Lovely and elegantly told, made all the more charming by a unique blend of characters. Well done.
bangbangstartagain chapter 30 . 7/25/2007
aww, loved it. great plot and the character development was perfect. i love storylines like this. where one of the main characters falls for their significent others friend or sister. and you wrote it perfectly.

favourites
LeenElle chapter 30 . 6/27/2007
Wow! So sorry I haven't read this yet, for some reason, it didn't tell me you'd updated, I've been checking and checking to see if you had updated because your story has been one of my favorites! So, now that I've apologized for my ignorance... I loved the catch from the bookstore ladder, very lovely. And him finding the note, and going to get her at the train station...Perfection! I loved it all, the whole story, so well written and truly enjoyable to read. I think the plot was so well thought out and I never expected the Amelia, Albert twist, so good job there. And George and Nathan are perfect for each other! Congratulations! I can't wait to read your next one! Good luck, but I'm sure it will be excellent.
Susurrent Threnody chapter 30 . 6/9/2007
That was thoroughly satisfying. I loved it from the beginning to the end. You were able to bring out all kinds of emotions from me while I was reading, and very few authors are able to do it so consistently throughout the story. Congratulations.
kavithaa chapter 30 . 6/6/2007
aw...that was just TOO lovely to put into words. I've followed this story for a long time and it's one of the best I've read. Thanks for writing such a great story,

kavitha
Elizabeth chapter 30 . 6/6/2007
Lovely, lovely! *Applauds* I have so thoroughly enjoyed this story, and this is a wonderful ending. I'm a little puzzled whether George is going to give up going to school and head off with Nathan (I assume she's going to do the latter), but it was wonderful nonetheless and the perfect ending to a great story. George and Nathan are so spectacularly REAL characters - spectacular in the sense they practically leap off the page, because it suddenly strikes you just how much they seem like people you might actually know - even if you've never met anyone quite like them before in your life. I loved how Nathan found George's note in the garden, and how it was written - so very George-like! Perhaps a sequel to this great story may lie somewhere in the future, I hope?

I look forward to reading Latham Manor! From what I've read about it, it sounds fascinating. Keep up the great work! :)
youpin chapter 1 . 6/5/2007