Reviews for Cats and Dogs
euphorictragedy chapter 4 . 11/14/2005
You know, when I saw that you were the author of this story, I immediately started to read it. Then, when I saw the name "Nathan Rochester" I knew I had head if somewhere before and low and behold! He was Dr. Rochester's cute little boy from "From the Hills of Edenbrook." I was ecstatic! It seems like you're rushing this story but I trust you;)
S. Renee chapter 4 . 11/14/2005
Aww . . . Nathan's so sweet! I love how he was getting all nervous and tugging on his collar at the mention of meeting Amelia's family.

One thing though- It seems odd to me that after 6 months Nathan still hasn't met her family. I understand that she hasn't met his since they don't live in town, but he's already said hello to her family a few times, so it just seems like he would have stopped in for dinner or something sometime. Or at least stopped in and said hello before dating Amelia out on a date. But hey- that's just my thought.

You're doing a wonderful job! Update soon!
S. Renee chapter 3 . 11/13/2005
Aww . . . Nathan's so sweet! Reciting romantic poetry to Amelia. ::sigh:: I wish I could find a guy like him.

So you've seen Pride and Prejudice? I really want to see it (it looks so good!) but I probably won't for a little while. I never seem to get around to seeing movies when they're in the theaters, so I'll probably end up seeing it when it comes out on video. Hopefully I'll get around to it before then though. I didn't even realize that two of my characters had names from the book. I read half of it a few summers ago, but never finished it. Hopefully I'll get around to that soon too. :)
thumper53 chapter 2 . 11/11/2005
A new story? Oh how exciting!oh Nathan is so sweet. I really like the way you started each of the chapter... that was perfect. I think its so funny how the girls can tell when the guy likes them. Its cute. Myra is my new favorite character. lol well good jobbrit
Alessandra Lee chapter 2 . 11/11/2005
It's Nathan. And he's all grown up. Aw. Story sounds wonderful, and I hope I can read some more soon.
S. Renee chapter 2 . 11/10/2005
Lovely chapter, once again. I like the whole setting and tone of this story, if that makes any sense. It's just very small-town, 1920s to me- which I love. And I loved that description of Delaware in the winter at the beginning of the chapter. God I can't wait till Christmas. And I can't wait till it snows!

One quick mistake- I think you accidentally called Nathan by the name Peter once just after the Dawsons arrived.

And now, I've got a little something to say, even though I know you've already heard me say it before.

My only suggestion for this story is that, in my opinion, it's much easier to like a character if they're fairly relatable and not always so beautiful. One of the very first things we learned about Amelia was that she was gorgeous. And that's fantastic (Great for her!) but instead of making me wish she and Nathan would get together, I end up wishing he'd find someone different because I'm rather jealous of her. It's just that guys always go for the pretty girls. Plain and simple, it's just attraction. But to me, it's much more of an enjoyable story if the guy likes the girl because of her personality or interests or some other little odd quirk. We've all heard the story about the handsome guy and the good-looking girl getting together, but what about having Nathan fall for a rather simple girl who just so happens to love the English language as much as he? It just gets a bit redundant when all these attractive people keep falling in love everywhere I turn while reading your stories. Nathan's practically already falling for Amelia, and he's only just met her! If she didn't have such gorgeous dark curls and blue-green eyes, I'll bet he wouldn't be.

I've never been one to believe in love at first sight. One can only feel lust at first sight. So why not base a romance on more than just appearance? I mean, I'm sure you'll add in more about her personality and everything later, but I just don't like the fact that Nathan already can't take his eyes off of Amelia and just about all he knows about her is that she's beautiful. It almost makes me sick. She's barely spoken at all, but he's already infatuated with her simply because of her pretty face. How fair is that to the rest of us?

Okay. End of my rant. And I didn't mean to be rude about it or anything, but I just wanted to tell you what I thought. It's okay if you feel differently, because I believe I remember you saying you do. That's fine. It's still a nice story.

And I still love you Rai and think that you're a great author!

-Renee
S. Renee chapter 1 . 11/10/2005
I'm so excited that you got this story up tonight! How funny that we should both choose the same day to post a new story!

This is a very nice little introduction you've got here and I'm so glad you decided to post Nathan's story first- he seems just as sweet as he was as a boy.

Update soon! (Any story will do!)
112 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8