Reviews for Duct Tape fixes everything doesn't it?
back row dancer chapter 1 . 3/17/2006
Wow. I am so sorry. :(.

Its too bad that sometimes the best poems come from the worst tragedies.
Morcirith chapter 1 . 12/12/2005
hahaha. i wrote this while you were talking to me. it is a love poem, but i will allow it.
CassandraRose526 chapter 1 . 12/5/2005
Very sad in a sardonic way. Loved it.
HiryuuGekijou chapter 1 . 12/1/2005
Thats sad. Good metaphors and stuff, and I like how you used Duct tape (duct tape rocks, especially for shoes XD).
Lady Wolf Paw chapter 1 . 11/16/2005
Duck tape doesn't fix broken hearts, and it doesn't stick to my bedroom walls. Its a moving piece that just inspires me to get back to my your muse be kind and not a lazy bum like mine Wolf Paw
Next Exit chapter 1 . 11/15/2005
I like that you added "Believe me, I've tried." It really tied together the bitter hopelessness this piece radiates. Well done. :-)
The Silver Tiger chapter 1 . 11/14/2005
its interesting the irony of the use of duct tape and the saddness of losing a loved one
Crimson-Fantasy chapter 1 . 11/13/2005
ducttape is really amazing and this is a really beautiful poem in such an odd sence. a way that you wouldn't expect but still sentimental though personally i couldn't relate very well with this the poem gives a sense of understanding of what the writer is going through, that is a great charictoristic in poetry. this poem also paits a beautiful but tormented picture, very inspiring.
she's not breathing chapter 1 . 11/13/2005
and just to tell YOU - i didn't actually mean to leave that kind of review. i wouldn't ever do that to anyone. if you couldn't tell, it was incomplete. fictionpress cut off the entire thing. i don't leave reviews that short. ever. *shrugs*...

okay. this poem is cool. i love the concept of the ducttape and fixing things. and there's one show (comedy) where they swear by it as a fix-all. so it's kind of neat. and i like how your formatting isn't structured or neat and how you kept true to that one concept about tape not being able to fix the heart. it also had a strong ending that really resonates with the reader.

going back to "shadows" since it was cut off ... i don't remember what i said. i remember liking the link to the forest you made and wishing you had continued it through the entire poem because otherwise it was just a sad reflection everyone goes through as they grow up but it doesn't stand out from any of the other poems about past shadows. so yeah.

and if this blocks, too, then i'm sorry. what can one do.

k8
Ego Sum Supra Grammaticam chapter 1 . 11/13/2005
First and foremost, I'd recommend getting your shift button fixed. The random capitalization pattern for the letter "I" in its use to denote the first person is annoying beyond description. Secondly, since when was duct tape a proper noun, as is denoted in the title? Or a compound noun, as denoted in the second-to-last line? Consistency in the application of the basics is the lifeblood of enjoyable writing and you, my good man(assuming you even ARE a man), have failed horribly at it.

As for the poem itself...what's the point, really? Bland retching over love lost? That won't fly at'll. The imagery is stale and the message, of what little one there is beyond nauseatingly generic ramblings about a broken heart, hits one with all the force of limp noodle across the wrist.

A rather poor showing, if I do say so myself. Utterly predictable and would be entirely undifferentiated from the sea of boring poems regret, save for the annoyingness of your random application of the fundamentals of the language.
ByFireAndMoonlight chapter 1 . 11/13/2005
Interesting, my best friends ex boyfriend used to be obessed with duct tape, I'm sure he thought the same thing at first when she broke up with him. I wonder though, why is it you choose not to capitalize your I's, is there something significant in that, or do you just not like to?
L.M.Crow chapter 1 . 11/12/2005
you scare me.
Sadistic Love chapter 1 . 11/12/2005
This is very interesting. I'm trying to even think of how to describe it. Emotionally, but made light by the references to duct tape. So it's like you want to get across how you feel but you don't want it to be too heavy. Very interesting. I like it. I'm going to have to try it sometime.

And by the way, if this is a poem about you you feel, :( sorries. That would suck. ppls can be so mean sometimes it's really rather sad.
Elizabeth Bilberry chapter 1 . 11/12/2005
Hmm, duct tape; that's different. Lovely poem as always, when I read yours, I can tell they come straight from your heart and soul.

EB
catseyeview chapter 1 . 11/12/2005
I like the simple metaphor you use here - reminds me of actually (I'm laughing) my dad duct tapped everything, even one time when the soap dish to the bathtub fell off, he duct tapped it and it fell off, I kept thinking, "Didn't he think the water would wear it down? - and here like a broken heart, the duct tape didn't work, her words are like the water, wearing you down. Beautiful...makes me want to go write about my dad and his duct tape!