Reviews for The Skeleton Key
Leyman chapter 1 . 11/13/2005
Never heard of Frederick whathisname before. What class are you studying that teaches his techniques?

Who invented this type of thinking? Frederick Matthias Alexander. It's called, of course, the Alexander technique.
Formerly chapter 1 . 11/13/2005
"that’s something else we take for granted: we think that because criminals openly question laws with their own rules that anyone else who does that is a criminal as well, even though they may be responsible enough not to commit murder, possession, thievery, etc."

Goddamnit Bryan, will you just let it rest? Do you feel the NEED to snipe at people with that horrible pseudo-moralistic condescension with EVERY SINGLE THING YOU WRITE?

With that out of the way, this is sort of ridiculous. It is better than the original rambling hogwash, because now I actually understand what you're saying-and it makes no sense.

"An example would be the scenario is the book Ender’s Game. Those children are six years old and they are aware enough to be able to think and command entire fleets of battleships in a war. It sounds unlikely, but it is necessarily impossible?"

First of all, don't assume that all your readers have read this-I did read Ender's Game, so I know what you're saying-and you're leaving out the fact that these children have been selectively bred with genetic enhancements for quite some time now. And even with that, the whole "five-year-old karate battleship commander" thing is extremely weak-yes, it's impossible. Even Orson Scott Card admitted that it was sort of ridiculous, at one point.

"Just because somebody knows calculus better than you do or knows more history than you do doesn’t mean they’re smarter than you; it means they memorized more things than you did."

That's true, to some extent, but a lot of the time it means that they are effectively more intelligent than you-because if you're not up to potential, that potential might as well not be there.