Reviews for Shadows Of the Past
Ryenon chapter 1 . 1/3/2006
'Begone and bother me no longer

for I am a new man'

Does that or doesnt that sound like a quote in an adventure/comedy Anime? I liked this poem and all (I think) that is symbolized.
drummerbonbon chapter 1 . 12/31/2005
i've gone through this and it makes me wanna puke. good poem thanx for the review!
Lellida chapter 1 . 12/30/2005
The beginning sets up a mysterious scene. I like how you kept referring to them as shadows of the past- isn't that what the past is anyway? I this poem quite a bit.
Mad Asher chapter 1 . 12/23/2005
Yeah good. Excellent. Pretty overall awesome.

Wow you feel stuff that is why you wrote this isn't it. Yeah good job with that. Seriously!

Even though you sound like a loser at the beginning of this (forgive me), you managed to put yourself and highered your dignity and ennobled yourself without realizing it! so good job!

X-EraGon-X
t3h Butterzfly of Nothing chapter 1 . 12/12/2005
It's like a friend of mine said - "soon all of this... will be a long time ago" - really liked this poem, I can relate to it. Not in the sense I'm supposed to, methinks, but I can still relate.
HiryuuGekijou chapter 1 . 12/1/2005
Thats really good. I like how you portrayed the "friends" as shadows in the past. I agree. Moving on gets them the most indeed ;) Good poem.
catseyeview chapter 1 . 11/17/2005
betrayal...the theme here screams to me, raw journey from bad to good - nice!
Sweet Persephone chapter 1 . 11/16/2005
Excellent
youzi chapter 1 . 11/16/2005
very straightforward piece, identifying emotions like "pain and heartache" but somehow (i think) not really going further.. the images were appropriate, if standard. and you used them effectively to convey your ideas. keep writing :D
sad-infamy chapter 1 . 11/15/2005
I get it. I really do. This SORTA once happened to me, but then it stopped.

So, basically, correct me if I'm wrong, but is this poem about this loser who had friends and then he lost it? Cuz that's how it sounds like, even though the style in which you wrote it tries to cover that up and makes it sound noble and awesome. That's a GOOD thing, by the way.

Nah, I couldn't have written it like you. I'd just say "he's a loser he lost his friends and he's trying to forget them even though they are laughing behind his back but he doesn't need them"...LOL...But that's just me. I dunno. You describe it much more vividly and...awesomer. Is that a word?

Well, I'd have to say, this has very much a symblance to MY shadows poem (2nd quote in my profile), even though the setting and theme is a little off from mine. But I liked it, though, it was pretty cool. I think I remembered reading something like this somewhere, but I just can't remember where...I dunno.

It's awesome though, I liked it very much.

It's kinda sad I feel sorry for the main character cuz his friends are now like sorta his enemies and they are making fun of him and he doesn't care what they think. I pity him, but in the same way I also envy him...wait, does that make sense? Or is this review I am posting all crap?

The part "Begone and bother me no more" that was awesome, I dunno why. I write those kind of things in my poems (even though I can't rhyme and don't have many) but...you know..wow. I don't know, this poem has many different meanings. It can be abstract, but also real...

I liked the ending, though. Pretty awesome he realizes that when he's a man that they will stop making fun of him when they realize that they are not being funny, that they are being mean and stupid and retarded. I hate those idiots who are bullying him. I feel sorry for him, again, even though he's a loser. That's not like me. LOL.

"And I have no more need for you." Last line was a surprise. I was like laughing a bit, because that is sort of amusing and takes you my surprise. I don't know why, maybe I have mental problems. Or I guess it was sort of hilarious. Only suggestion on last line is maybe take out the 'for' and put 'of' because "And I have no more need of you" makes a BIT more sense and sounds just right. I dunno, just my view.

Anyway, AWESOME poem, probably one of the best I've read, but then again I don't care much for poems. I like stories more. But AWESOME again. DOn't think I'm posting a bad note/flaming because I'm not that kind of bastard. Just a different kind.

Signed Review: X-Eragon-X
The Silver Tiger chapter 1 . 11/14/2005
I remeber wheb that happened to me once... sad times those were,but nice I like it
Elizabeth Bilberry chapter 1 . 11/14/2005
It's sad that in our world today, some people find joy in hurting others. It it makes you feel better, I'll be your friend *hugs*

EB
hahahahahaha chapter 1 . 11/13/2005
The images are rather down-to-earth, which may or may not be a good thing. It's quite smoothly written, and the only thing is that it may be a bit too direct.
Crimson-Fantasy chapter 1 . 11/13/2005
i won't lie i was a little offended by what you said about my poem. i wasn't angleing for anything close to a 'rap' but people see poetry in different ways sometimes i wrote that poem about a deep subject for me and though i know it wasn't one of my best i would have appreiciated a more constructive reveiw perhaps telling why you liked or didn't like it and how to improve instead of simply it was or wasn't. and please give consideration that i am only 12 and not a collage student and so some of my poems are not as well done as yours.

I liked this poem i can relate to it. it has simple and relative features and good imagry. the vocabulary could be improved but does not bring down the poem and it has a beautiful sence of expression.
xoxoMizzatxoxo chapter 1 . 11/13/2005
Wow. Yet another amazing poem. I cal especially relate to this because all of my "Friends" turned their backs on my last year.