Reviews for Running at Seven
citrus scented chapter 1 . 12/17/2005
i love the idea and the story- really moving, and definately not cliched I think. I think its a moving and a intriging tale- really fasinating. however I think it might have been better set in a prose or story like style, rather then a poem. but i really enjoyed it anyway. i dont know what to make of the man...he sounds a bit leering, but yet more then that...i dont know, good piece.
RandomEuphoria chapter 1 . 12/14/2005
I like this because I've been in this situation, watching a girl go by forever. Then when you get a glimpse into their real life... either at a party or a friends place... or even a supermarket... and you are just shocked. I like the way the man seems to sympathise with her. Great poem/story. Encore!
bjw chapter 1 . 12/11/2005
Are you on my favourites list yet? I can't remember. Nevermind, I'm putting you on it just in case.:) I LOVE your writing! They capture such..vivid aspects of life people normally don't even think about...I love how you've built on the idea of people watching others go by.. into this beautiful characterisation. I think you've avoided cliches excellently. Oh, there's that bit about the black dress...but it just disappears into the poem, nothing to worry about! Such amazing work. Wow. I'm stunned. Please don't stop writing!
emmathree chapter 1 . 11/13/2005
i don't know how i feel about this one either, but i know it's somewhere between love and confusion, which is a surprisinly comfortable place to be.

i don't think it's cliche at all. in fact, i haven't seen anything like it. ever.

*cough*except for in the classroom*cough*

Yea, okay, well... uhh.. that's it from me! Oh and i love the "Wife of the boss of his boss or something like that" line because it's so unspecific.
poetic abortion chapter 1 . 11/13/2005
I find this perfect. the cliches are just done so nicely and your words just paint such a gorgeous picture. what else can I say? this is beautiful.

* noelle