Reviews for Homecoming Morning
reluctant writer chapter 1 . 9/15/2006
So real, so tragic. This is the closest I have ever come to crying when reading a poem.
Lines To Time chapter 1 . 12/14/2005
I love how real your poems are, and how emotional. I think you much more than most poets I've read have gotten to the true core of poetry- you use your language, your pretty words, your line breaks, to add up to something I can feel, or touch, or see. I love you bunches :-P.
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 11/22/2005
Wow, that was good. I really really really liked the line 'my steel breaths frosting your ears.' I wish I had came up with it. *sigh* At least SOMEONE did. :)
Kj Ediset chapter 1 . 11/17/2005
An excellent piece, if a little unclear. Not necessarily a bad thing, but is just a little confusing. Good, but confusing.
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 11/13/2005
"the black dress my mother trudged hours searching for,woefully at my waist (refusing to acknowledge whatshe’d think)"-I love the truth of that; I love my mother more then life but I would never want her to know all of the things that I do. I am my own person, as well as a daughter and I have to do what I "need" to do; and even though I know she wouldn't approve of some of the things that I do, I still do them anyway. Its a complicated situation, mothers and daughters- they were once just like us (or so I'm told.)

"My mind, wanting experience,wanting intellect and wisdom (my heartuncertain, but dreadfully overwhelmed.)"-I can remember saying something like that to myself once; virgin to the world-like. I think everyone has a time when they realize that theirs so much out there to do and to see; we hunger so bad just to know what everyone else is feeling and thinking. We're hungry for it all. I think even over time that hunger never really fades. I'm glade to see a new piece from you; keep up the good work.

Juliet.