Reviews for The Brink of Destruction
Leon Trotsky chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
Antietam was hardly a Union victory. It was a draw at best, in my opinion. Yes, the Confederates did end up leaving the battlefield, but I don't think they were defeated, at least not decisively or anything. I don't really believe that if Lee's plans hadn't been found that there would be a huge change. I mean, McClellan had the plans and was going to cut down the Confederates as they were split into many different pieces while they were converging on Sharpsburg, but he totally wimped out and called the whole thing off, allowing the Confederates to reach Sharpsburg without much difficulty. McClellan totally screwed up, as he was wont to do. The real question is what if the Confederates won Gettysburg?
Jarvi chapter 1 . 6/13/2007
Good besides one fact. The European countries did not start looking into backing the Confederacy because of cotton. England was able to get cotton from Egypt, which it controlled during the Civil War. The other European countries were able to then buy cotton from England and then cut out the major need for Confederate cotton.
Firebee chapter 1 . 1/31/2007
If only this could have really happened...
method acting chapter 1 . 5/9/2006
Interesting. Sobered up a bit, have you? I like it. There are some loose connections, but all in all, descriptions are great, fine job.