Reviews for The Chronicles of LJ Drama
Yoyo-chan chapter 1 . 3/23/2006
Please check your facts. Anyone who really knows what happened can find a lot of factual errors in this report or whatever it's supposed to be... We in Zwesome like attention so if you wanted to interview any one of us to get your facts straight, chances are you'd get answers to whatever questions you'd want to ask.
Jassa chapter 1 . 3/23/2006
Not bad, and kinda flattering. But there are a few major facutal errors.

"Curtis went from moderating his comments to installing some censorship code, sparking, or at least inspiring, a movement on a less regulated site. Following the path of least resistance, Jassa went to work in one of the few lawless lands left, where we find him today."

I was never a Farker. I knew of the filter from a few visits there, but I've never even posted a comment on the site.

"on March 31st, 2005, and posse left a “comment flood” numbering 50 comments on the Calvin & Hobbes feed, crashing it."

It was not just my friends and I who did this. It was the combined effort of hundreds of users, and was in fact the idea of Armyofchuckness, Wyntyr (who has since left LJ) and I think Continuouslife. In fact, that was the first day I met many of my current friends, so there was no 'posse' before then.

Also, it did not crash the feed. On April 2nd someone reported the calnhobbes feed to the copyright holders ( ), who did not like the fact that the feed was leeching their bandwidth by linking to the pictures on their site. This was, in fact, the reason for all of the suspended feeds. They were all 'illegal' feeds, and somebody notified , who got them shut down. LJ Abuse will verify that the feeds were shut down at the request of the copyright holder(s).

Granted, it's probable that someone did it to spite me, but I promise it was nobody I am friends with. We were as disappointed as the other LJ users.

"Others have posted so many images of a generally offensive nature, that their accounts have been suspended."

Candzwesome (now known as Zwesome) never have and never will endorse the posting of NSFW material. Schwarzer_tod, Janusdoa, and the others were never affiliated with us. They were trying to annoy us with their images, and cause drama of their own. In the end, Todd went a little too far with his harassment and certain members of our group managed to provide LJ Abuse with the proof necessary to have his account permanently suspended.

Candhzwesome was suspended for encouraging and organising the spamming of feeds, but it was never our intention to be malicious. Silly, fun, etc. People might not have appreciated or understood our senses of humour, but it was never our intent to provide a hostile atmosphere for other livejournal users. Except for the people who flamed us. We gave as good as we got (hell, I still do).

"The one exception was Scott Adams, the creator of the Dilbert comic strip, who no longer uses RSS syndication for Dilbert. No public statement was issued concerning the change, but the posse take credit/blame for it."

We do? I don't remember claiming that Scott Adams even knew me, let alone stopped using rss because of me. It would be extremely cool if it were true, but AFAIK this is not the case.
No Trust chapter 1 . 1/5/2006
I like boobies.
Kaiwaf chapter 3 . 1/4/2006
Interesting and faintly amusing-at least during the parts where I got exactly what you're talking about.

Kat
Formerly chapter 1 . 1/2/2006
I can't help but feel that this is over my head.
Tikvah Ariel chapter 1 . 12/25/2005
"Jassa himself, however.

However, there have been"

Although I do love a good transition, using however twice in a row seems a bit extreme.

I really liked how you explained the history to those who don't know (aka me). When you gave his reason, I loved how you understated it. That he was doing something because he thought it was liked and most likely wanted the attention was subtly put.

When you start talking about Dilbert, you start using tech terms and could easily lose an audience there.

Overall it was a well written peice, though the authors note at the end seemed to take away your crediabiltly. Also, it didn't seem to have a purpose.
Jitterrue chapter 1 . 11/18/2005
this is something i never knew or considered. Very interesting